X6-88 ➵ Accidents

X6-88
Fallout 4
Warning: Cursing, Lightly Suggestive

I was walking to my quarters, walking up the stairs with a book in hand

I was walking to my quarters, walking up the stairs with a book in hand. After a hard day of reputation keeping, I was tired as fuck. I was a renowned scientist, in charge of making sure the plants we grew weren't irradiated. So, yeah... I just ate plants all day. It was a nice job, but it could get boring. Eat all day, then go home and sleep. It was nice, and I loved it, but one does tend to crave action from time to time.

I trudged up the stairs, walking down the hallway to my room. I kept my head down, focusing on the contents of a folder that told me of the new things these insane botanists were thinking of trying. Next thing I know, I'm tripping over the air. Again. Damn this happens too much. I stumbled into someone's chest, nearly taking them down with me. Overcome by the feel of leather, I was caught by my upper arms, and held firmly at a standing position as my two folders cluttered to the ground, keeping the contents inside due to paperclips.

I looked at the man I ran into, and nearly fainted. Damn he was good looking! I smiled with suave, "Guess you could say that I fell for you, huh?"

His cheeks flushed a little, and I suddenly knew what was odd about him. He was a synth! He was one of the hunting ones, too. What a catch! He kept his firm hands on my arms before nervously noticing that it was space invading and dusting off his Courser jacket, "Apologies." Behind his sunglasses, his eyes darted to my feet, "You should tie your shoe laces."

I smiled. I think I'm gonna like him. I grabbed one folder, and he grabbed the other. I watched him, "How about you tie it for me? Just real quick."

He did so, but it was a tad bit tight. Maybe he wanted to cut off my circulation. That'd be... not very nice. He handed me my folder, clearing his throat, "Would you like me to walk you to your quarters?"

I set my folder back into the crook of my arm, "Yes, please. If you don't mind." I looked at him as we walked down the hall, seeing handsome eyes under his sunglasses, "Why are you wearing sunglasses indoors?"

"Because I never know when I will be relayed to the filthy surface for field work."

"Sure. I just think you're sort of a diva. No other Courer wears them. Maybe you're just sensitive to the sun for some reason. You smell like a new car, you know that?"

"I've never smelled a new car."

I chuckled, "You have a name?"

"Recognition order: X6-88."

I frowned, "Yeah... I'll just call you X6. Oh, or maybe Double Eight. Or-"

"Call me whatever you please."

"Can I call you Daddy?"

His face flushed and I let out howling whoops of laughter, punching his arm then shaking my hand in pain afterwards, "I'm just fucking with you, man."

"I'm not a man."

"Woman?"

"I'm a synth."

"Yeah but do you have...?"

"Yes."

"So you are a synth, but... are you...?"

"No. I use 'he/him' pronouns, as you humans say. I am just not used to being called anything other than my given name or sometimes, the scientist assigned to me calls me 'toaster-lookin' bastard', for some reason. But I cannot make toast."

I chuckled, "You look like you could kill someone, but you're absolutely adorable."

"I have killed someone. Numerous someone's. And thank you."

He pushed the button to open my door, and I walked in, setting the folders at my desk and sighing, "Wanna stay over a bit? Maybe make me dinner or something?"

He looked around my room, seeming a little shocked by it's state, "How about we just go to the Mess Hall? I do not eat, but I can get you something."

I stood up, putting on my lab coat. He frowned, "Why are you wearing a coat if we're indoors?"

I mocked his deep, serious voice, "Because I never know when I'll be relayed to the filthy surface for field work."

He frowned, "You do not do field work."

"How do you know?"

He only blushed, and looked away, warning me not to trip down the stairs.

Author's Note
Hope you enjoyed!! Any requests??