Arthur Maxson ➵ Opinions

Arthur Maxson
Fallout 4
Warning: None

Arthur MaxsonFallout 4Warning: None

A week. I told him a week ago that I was a Synth. I found out a week ago. I took him aside, because I loved him, and didn't want him to hear from anyone else. I told him. I trusted him, and he kicked me out. Without blinking. No hesitation. He told me to go rot by his Ex-Paladin's side, and that stung like hell. I did, actually, try to find Danse, but he was off helping someone do something. Forgot what.

So I just sort of wandered about aimlessly, awaiting death. The man I loved, had said he'd loved me in return, then cast me aside like I was nothing. Like I was just some scrap. That's all he saw me as. I let out a sad chuckle, Jokes on him, we already boned down. Twice. God, that was probably how Raider's thought. I really cared about him, and I could see all love for me fade and turn into betrayal in his eyes. It was as though he'd been blinded by me, and then stabbed in the back. I told him I only found out that same morning, and he refused to listen to anything I said after admitting my 'heritage'.

I wandered the Commonwealth aimlessly, seeing some Gunners. I looked down at myself, making sure I was presentable. I was gonna die, but I wasn't going to do it looking like a Radroach! A gunner looked over, holding up her gun. I held up my arms, pointing to my heart. She raised her brows unsurely, lowering her weapon slightly. I nodded, and put a small X over my heart, then drawing a target with my fingertips. She looked over her shoulder, yelling something about how she was gonna shoot at a random Mirelurk, so there was no need for everyone to get riled up. 

I put my hands in my pockets, fixing my hair and giving her a small smile of reassurance as she raised her gun and fired off a bullet. I looked to my chest, and frowned, "Come on! You're literally called a Gunner!" I rolled my eyes, mumbling about incompetence as I heard them erupt in gunshots behind me. I quickly felt a bullet rip through my calf, and another through my arm. Guess I made her mad. I turned around, hoping for a headshot because damn, bullets actually hurt! I wondered what they were all firing at.

Looking to the right of their large base, I watched as a Vertibird landed, four Paladins emerging. I felt a hand grip mine, and turned to see Maxson. I yanked my hand from his, and he touched two fingers to my bullet holes, "You're... bleeding."

I scowled at him, "Yeah, you bastard, Synth's feel pain too, but you didn't seem to realize that when you cast me and Danse away, now did you?"

"I came here to rescue you."

I scoffed, "I don't need rescuing, Arthur. I'm perfectly fine and stable in my current condition."

"You're full of bullets."

"And you're full of shit, so I guess that makes us both pretty bad off, huh. You tell me you love me one day, and then you throw me out the next." I winked, "Next time you have your health test and they ask you if you've ever had sexual relations with any species other than human... Guess you know which box to check."

He blushed, frowning. He took in a deep breath and mumbled something.

"What was that?"

"MaybeSynthsaretolerable."

"One more time?"

"Maybe Synths are... tolerable."

I smiled warmly, suddenly feeling all my love for him rush back to my face, "Fine." I smiled coyly, "I guess you could rescue me. A little."

He smiled, taking my hand and immediately got me back to the Vertibird before yelling for his Paladin's to hop on before taking off. Come to think of it, I wasn't entirely sure how I got through an entire conversation without bleeding out... Oh well. Win some lose some.

Author's Note
Hope you enjoyed!! Any requests??