Piper Wright ➵ Dry

Piper Wright
Fallout 4
Warning: Cursing

I sat up at the top of the stands, leaning back against the green wall, Piper doing the same

I sat up at the top of the stands, leaning back against the green wall, Piper doing the same. I inhaled a decent amount of smoke, and passed her cigar back to her. I blew a half-way decent 'O', and sighed slightly, "This is the life."

Piper stubbed out her cigar and popped a piece of gum in her mouth, offering me one, "If you say so, Blue. All I'm worried about is what I'll post in the papers."

I unwrapped the gum, rolling the wrapper into a ball and playing with it between my fingers, "What do you mean?"

She shrugged, taking her hat off and fanning her gorgeous self with it, making me stare at her as she spoke, "Not sure what I mean. On one hand, I'm more relaxed because, thank god, the Institute is gone. But... On the other hand... There's nothing interesting to write about now." She chuckled, "I feel like such a bitch for saying all that when I know I'm supposed to be thankful."

I scoffed, ignoring the last part, "There's plenty of stuff you can write about... What is it you say? 'The Commonwealth never lacks for excitement'?"

She smiled slightly, "Yeah... Not sure what to do though. Nobody wants to hear about how you snatched a paint can... No offense, but the people buy the papers when there's some good gossip in there... you know?"

I nodded, preparing a response when a loud scream broke out. I snapped my head to the sound, seeing a ton of people crowding in the city. Bolting down the stairs, I made sure Piper was behind me. I weaved through people before I stood over Danny, a security guard from the front gate. Piper was at my side. He muttered something about synths and how McDonough was a lie, and that Piper was right. Her eyes lit with excitement, and I told her to take care of it while I patched up Danny. I grabbed four stimpak's, jamming one into each limb. He grunted, allowing me to bandage him up good enough for Doctor Sun to take care of him. I looked around for Piper, and saw her walking back towards me, her first concern about Danny. I told her he was alright, and she spoke, "I really was right... About that son of a bitch being a synth... Shame we found out so late, and under these circumstances, but hey, that's a wrap."

I smiled, holding her hand, "Guess you know what your next paper will be about then, right?"

"Guess so, Blue."

Author's Note
Hope you enjoyed!! Any requests??