X6-88 ➵ Destroyed Homes

X6-88
Fallout 4
Warning: None

"That was the only home I've known since being created

"That was the only home I've known since being created."

"Home isn't a place. You need to know that."

"I know it, but I do not understand it."

The Institute had just been blown up. I didn't know who was behind it, and (I'm guessing) neither did X6. I was a freed synth, and had been for a long time. I'd developed a friendship with him, and awaited the day when he'd find out that I was the same as him, and bring me back to the Institute. That day would never come. I felt his arm brush mine, and kept the gentle contact. I looked up at him only to see the fading of the mushroom cloud in his glasses. His mouth was a tight line and his eyes held an unrecognizable emotion. After the last of the fire had disappeared, he looked down at me, "What will I do now? I can not hunt down rogue's without a place to bring them afterwards, and without someone to give me the order to do so."

"You could always stay with me."

He turned his gaze back to the pit that had once been his everything, "Right. Where would that be?"

"Well... I know you're not really a fan of the surface, but I have a home in Sanctuary. It's well guarded and safe. The Minutemen and their General come around every once in a while, but if you don't shoot at them, they won't shoot at you. You might learn to like it."

He clenched his jaw, "It's not like I have a choice. With the Institute gone, you are all I've got."

I held his hand slowly, expecting him to pull away and being happy when he didn't, "Yeah. Well, if we're planning on being as serious as you're implying, then you should probably know something..."

"And what's that?"

"I'm a rogue synth. Have been for six years. No one ever came looking for me. I got out and left to do my own thing. Besides getting out, I had no help from the Railroad and no help from Acadia. I just got out, and got on with life. I guess that's why I was so hard to get a hold on. First thing I did was settle down in Sanctuary."

He smiled, "I know. I'd had my eye on you for a while, and when you disappeared, I had a pretty good guess as to why. You never really knew of me, so one day, I appeared on the surface and just so happened to meet you, asking you where a rogue synth might be. I had it planned out for a month before executing it."

I stared at him in disbelief, "Is that why..."

"Why you never got captured? Yes. When they sent me after you, I said you were killed in the action of me attempting to reclaim you. You were believed to be dead. In their records, you have been for three years."

"I... Uhm... Thanks."

"You are welcome." He looked behind himself, then down at me, "We should be going, don't you think?"

I panicked a little, not wanting to ruin what could be a moment, "Well, we don't have too. I mean, we can stay here for a second..."

He raised a brow at me, "Why?"

"Well, the sky looks... nice... doesn't it?"

He looked up thoughtfully, "Yes... it does. You look nicer though, I think."

I blushed, "Yeah. You're not so bad yourself." He smiled a little at my reaction, and interlaced our fingers. "Do you think you can relay us to Sanctuary?"

"It might kill us since the Institute is gone, and therefore can't ensure our safe arrival."

"We should try it."

"I said it could kill us."

"Yeah, I'm not deaf. Still, it'll be fun. Like Russian Roulette."

"You're an anomaly."

"Thanks."

"You perceived that as a complement."

"Did you mean it as an insult?"

"No."

"That's what I thought."

Author's Note
Hope you enjoyed!! Any requests??