Gob ➵ Friends

Gob
Fallout 3
Warning: Cursing

I laughed, adjusting my seating on my stool at the bar

I laughed, adjusting my seating on my stool at the bar. Gob grinned a little, happy he could make me laugh. I sighed, "There's no way that actually happened! You're totally lying!"

He held up his hands in self defense, "It's one-hundred percent true, I swear. Ask anyone!"

I opened my mouth to reply, but a series of sharp whistles cut me off. I turned to see wat attracted everyone's attention. The bar was usually quiet. It only got rowdy when... I rolled my eyes. Nova walked down the stairs, swinging her hips. Jericho hooted, and a series of other men lost their minds over the woman as well. I looked to Gob. He squinted at his radio, completely unaffected by Nova's spell of perfume and beauty. I loved how uninterested he was in the hired whore. Don't get me wrong, I love Nova, but there was no denying that almost every girl in Megaton was jealous of her, seeing as she turned heads so easily. She grinned at the attention, and sat next to me. She ordered a drink, then proceeded to go talk to the more attractive patrons.

I shook my head, a frown now nestled on my lips, "Damn. Forgot what I was here to do." I chuckled airily.

Gob smiled, "It's no problem. You make up for it by making time fly."

I picked up his radio, setting it my lap and taking the back piece off of it. I unscrewed bolts and hot wired what I could to get the sound to relay as it once had. As I worked, I looked at Gob, "So... You didn't seem to care too much about Nova."

He wettened a cloth and wiped as his register, careful not to push any buttons on accident, "Not much to care about... no offense. I mean... I don't really respect her like I respect you."

"What do you mean by that?"

"I dunno... she sells herself, you know?" I raised a brow and he rubbed the back of his neck, "The way I see it, every time you sleep with a different person, you give a piece of your heart away, and then when you finally find the one, you don't have much heart left to give them."

I smiled a little, "You're too good for this world, Gob."

He chuckled sadly, "That's what Moriarty says before he robs me of my paycheck. But yeah, to make it simple, you're not like Nova. I can respect you."

"But why?"

"I mean... you can handle yourself. You don't need a relationship to be content, you know? I can admire that."

I frowned, closing the back of the radio, and tucking my tools away, "What about you? Are you looking for a relationship?"

He scoffed, "I certainly wouldn't mind one. Having someone to talk to..." His eyes met mine and he smiled a little, "It means the world to me." I handed his radio back to him, and he thanked me, giving me a small burlap sack of caps from Moriarty. That night, I bought Gob's contract for a hearty thousand caps.

Author's Note
Hope you enjoyed!! Any requests??