Raul Tejada ➵ Glow

Raul Tejada
Fallout New Vegas
Warning: None

"No, you're not supposed to eat them, amor

"No, you're not supposed to eat them, amor."

I frowned slightly, holding the weapon he'd given me in my palm. It was long and slim, like a pencil. Yet, it held the glow of my Pip-Boy, had it been pink. Raul called them 'glow-sticks', but I'm pretty sure he came up with the name himself, seeing as they were just sticks that would glow when snapped. The two of us were sitting in a janitors closet for the night, and seeing as there was no room for a fire, he got these out. No clue how long he'd had them, but thank god he did. I held the glowing thing between my index finger and thumb, pointing it up, "Are you sure? Looks worse than some of the stuff I've had to eat."

He chuckled, and it seemed to vibrate the closet, "Poor soul. What's the weirdest thing you've digested, amor?"

"Ever had a blood sausage?"

"A what now?"

"A blood sausage. It looks like a penis and is hell to eat, but food is food."

He chuckled again, giving me fresh glow-sticks to break. I broke them over my knee, and he told me not to be so aggressive, or I might break the seal. I then learned I could  snap them with ease. After a while of counting, we had 87 total glow-sticks around us. Raul said they were from the old world, but they didn't have Glowing One's back then! How else did they make these? Raul said they used old chemicals, but I was still convinced they were just frozen Glowing Ghoul excrements. They were sort of... fun...?

I smiled down at them as they littered the small area around and between us. I looked down at the colors colliding on the walls and dimly on the ceiling, my eyes lit from enthusiasm and the glow from the beams. Raul simply stared at me, however, basking in the only beauty he saw in this world anymore.

Author's Note
Hope you enjoyed!! Any requests??