Deacon ➵ Attractive

Deacon
Fallout 4
Warning: None

I flipped through the magazine

I flipped through the magazine. It was one of the ones from before the war, where women melted under a man's touch rather than shot their hand off. It was fine with me. Women were stronger since the bombs fell. It was men who were the real pussies.

I turned my attention back to the page, where a woman with gorgeous curves and long luscious hair lay on her back. How was this an advertisement for a perfume? It's just a half naked woman! I flipped to the next page, again faced with a toothy, drop-dead-gorgeous grin, and warm eyes. I sighed, fanning through all the pages and seeing more of the same.

I heard the front door close, and put the magazine down, walking to greet my partner. Deacon shut the door behind himself, locking it on instinct. He gave me a quick peck on the lips before snatching our food for dinner. He got out some Yao Gui meat and mutfruit. I watched as he turned on the stove and got out a pan. I sat at our counter, watching him as he got prepared to cook. He gave me a sideways glance, "What's wrong with you? You usually ask me more questions than I can answer when I come home. You alright?"

"I'm fine, I've just been thinking..." I frowned, looking away from him, "How much do your facial reconstructions cost?"

He flipped the meat over with a spatula, cutting up the mutfruit with a fluid movement, "They were free because I did stuff for my guy in return." He paused, giving me a nervous glance, "Why?"

"No reason. Does it hurt or anything?"

"Naw. The doc has this stuff that knocks you out, and when you wake up, you're different. Why are you asking me this sorta stuff? I mean, you're not seriously thinking about..." He stopped what he was doing, giving me a look. I couldn't meet his eyes, fiddling with my thumbs in my lap. He frowned at me, "Do you want a facial reconstruction?"

"I mean-"

"I won't let you go through with it. You're perfect how you are. I wouldn't have it any other way."

I sighed, thinking before speaking. "Deacon, you remember how you said Barbara had a smile like on those magazine covers?"

"...yeah...?"

"Well, I just... don't! I mean, I wish I did, but-"

He frowned at me, his gaze making my voice catch in my throat. He placed he mutfruit slices around the meat, and I listened to it sizzle. He wiped his hands off, walking over and sitting next to me. He grabbed my hand gently, making me look at him. Deacon spoke softly, "Yeah... Well, you don't have a smile like on those magazine covers, but..." He smiled sweetly, "You do have a smile brighter than the sun. A camera couldn't capture your beauty."

I chuckled, "Yeah? Aren't you a little lady killer today."

He chuckled, getting back up to tend to his food, "I always am! But I'm serious. You're not like those models. Your type of beauty is more... like home, I guess. I don't know how to describe it. I look at you and I feel safe. I close my eyes when I'm in your arms, and all of my problems go away."

It wasn't often that I had serious discussions with my man, but it was nice. It made my chest feel warm. I smiled a little, "So that's a no to facial reconstruction?"

Author's Note
Hope you enjoyed!! Any requests??