Travis Miles ➵ Confidence Pt.3

Travis Miles
Fallout 4
Warning: Cursing, Light Gore

I chuckled, "I can't believe you don't know how to shoot a gun

I chuckled, "I can't believe you don't know how to shoot a gun."

Travis held his arms out, gesturing towards the pistol on the table in front of him, "I-I've never needed to! I grew up here and became a radio show host! I don't- I don't need to know how to fire a gun!"

I put a hand on his arm, "Travis, babe, you're gonna need to learn how to shoot a gun. What happens if we get separated out there? You need to be able to protect yourself."

He sat down, and held the gun in his hands carefully, "How do I do it again?"

He was asking how to load his weapon. I showed him for the tenth time before he finally got the hang of it. It was like teaching a child how to tie their shoe, not that I would know how. We decided to stop by the Dugout Inn beforehand, to tell Vadim where we were going in case we didn't return. We did so, and of course, he made a big deal about it, going, "Travis! Finally getting out more, yes? And with... Wow! You amaze me, my friend!" He clapped Travis on the back, making Travis' finger twitch on the trigger. He shot a hole in the floor and yelped, immediatly dropping the gun as all the patrons in the bar stared at him. Vadim laughed loudly, being the only noise. Travis covered his mouth with his hands, "Oh my god... I am so sorry..."

Vadim told him it was no biggie, and bid us off. I picked up the gun, and handed it to Travis. I put it in his hand, keeping my fingers over his, "Don't keep your finger on the trigger until you have to, okay?"

"Why don't we just turn the safety on?"

"One-- you don't know how. Two-- it's not safe having the safety on in the dangers of the Comminwealth, Travis. We discussed this."

"We- We don't even need to paint my place... Let's just go make some hot chocolate or something... This is all a little bit much for me."

I took his hand in mine loosely, "Travis, look at me." He did so, his brown eyes skidding to halt under my gaze, "Travis, listen. We will be okay. We might encounter a raider or two, but I've dealt with worse. I'll have your back, alright?"

"Alright..."

We left Diamond City, and entering Hardware Town after arguing over directions for a short amount of time. Arguing with Travis was extremely uncomfortable for everyone. He didn't know what he was saying, half of the time. I stood at the door, Travis next to me. He stared at the door intensely, "So do we just... go in?"

"Yep. After you."

He shrugged, "Well, I mean... It seems rude not to knock... Have you ever thought that maybe they shoot at you because you invade their privacy?"

"Travis. I know your not trying to defend Raiders."

"I'm sorry! I just... I feel so out of place. I'm not even wearing any armor... This isn't safe. Diamond City is safe. Let's just go back there." He spun on his heel to walk away, but I pinched his ear, dragging him inside. I hushed his and crouched, releasing my grip on him. We snuck through, and after a quick scan, there were only four Raiders guarding the place. I looked to Travis, pointing at one, then at his gun. He shook his head. I made the hand motion again. He held up his gun, his hand shaking like crazy. I got behind him, helping him steady his hand. I tapped my pinkie finger, telling him to pull the trigger.

Much to my surprise, he actually did so. I grinned, and shot one of the Raiders. The other two bolted, hiding behind shelves and shooting every which way. Travis and I split up, going on either side of an isle. More shots were fired, and after a few second, I saw Travis' head pop up from behind his isle. I grinned, "See? That was easy. How you doing?"

He frowned slightly, and looked down, "I'm okay... Let's get the paint for my trailer and Abbot's for the wall.... Let's get out of here. I... think I pulled a muscle or sprained my ankle or something. You, uh... go ahead and grab the paint. I'm gonna just... stand here for a second... see if it stops hurting. Just don't forget about me." He chuckled nervously. I glanced at him over my shoulder as I entered another room. I mixed yellow and blue, making green-- then got a light brown color for Travis' room. I reentered the main room, and saw Travis leaning against a shelf. I moved to enter his isle, and when I saw him, I dropped the paint cans.

"Travis! What the fuck?!"

A fluid stream of blood exited his thigh. He looked to me, "What?"

"Sit down, you idiot!"

He did so, giving me a weird look. I ruffled trough my bag, getting out bandages and stimpaks. I quickly wrapped his thigh, "Travis! Why didn't you tell me you got shot! Jesus Christ!"

He stared at his leg dumbly, "I didn't know I had. I thought that was the other guy's blood... Just thought I pulled a muscle or something from being so tense..."

"I can't believe this." I stabbed two stimpak's into his leg, and hoisted him up, along with the two paint cans in my bag, I could hardly get us moving. I grinned as we got closer to Diamond City, "I can't believe you. 'I pulled a muscle'. You got shot and didn't even seem hurt. Unbelievable." I looked to him for a reaction, but his head was down, his hair hanging loosely. My grin disappeared, "Travis?" No response. I grumbled as we entered Diamond City gates, "Pulled a fucking muscle. Yeah right." I grunted, yelling, "Someone get the Doctor over here!"

Author's Note
Hope you enjoyed!! Any requests??