Arcade Gannon ➵ The High Pt.2

Arcade Gannon
Fallout New Vegas
Warning: None

Arcade GannonFallout New VegasWarning: None

"You make my brain cells disappear."

"You're welcome."

I chuckled. I finally was chem-free, and happy. Sure, the chems made me happy, but having Arcade by my side made me happier. Our arms were linked and we were on our nightly walk around Freeside. I looked up at him, "Am I boring?"

He grinned, pushing his glasses up, "Yes. I am too, though, so it's alright."

"Well yes, but I mean... am I a better person since I quit the chems?"

His smiled faltered, "You got off of an insane addiction in two weeks. That's impressive."

"That's not what I asked... I mean... am I a better person, Arcade?"

He got quiet, "You want the truth?"

"Of course."

"You are an amazing person. You're so much more kind, and I can tell your head is more clear. Most importantly, you don't get on my nerves as much. Do you want to ask what you really mean now?"

"You read me like a Latin book, handsome. And no, I don't want to ask. You already know the question, so just answer it and save me the embarrassment of asking."

He chuckled, pulling me closer, "Yes. I do still love you." I cooed at him, and he blushed, "Let's talk about something else now."

"Sure thing. I have another question for you. Why can I smell rain?"

He pushed up his glasses by the rim, and I knew he was about to go into a long winded rant about rainfall, "The scent comes from a combination of plants and lightning. When the drops of water hit the ground, Geosmin is released into the air-"

He went on, but I stopped listening, instead watching his lips as he talked and his eyes, which filled with passion for radioactive rain.

Author's Note
Hope you enjoyed!! Any requests??