Butch DeLoria ➵ Rushing Pt.2

Butch DeLoria
Fallout 3
Warning: Cursing

Butch DeLoriaFallout 3Warning: Cursing

We decided to have a big wedding. We talked about it for quite some time, and eventually settled on having it in Megaton. We invited some of our pals from Rivet City, and even sent a broadcast to the Vault. Mostly to say 'Fuck You' to the Overseer, but still...

Today was the day. We abided by the rule of not seeing each other before the wedding. I spent the day with Angela, and got my outfit (and my act) together. She asked who was going to walk me down the aisle, and I simply said, "A guy. He's the nicest. You'll like him. He's the first person to be nice to me since I left the Vault. He's friends with Butch, too."

Eventually, the time came. I wasn't nervous. Maybe just a little worried about a bunch of raiders just so happening to break into Megaton, but otherwise, I wasn't worried. I was only going to kiss the love of my life in front of a few close friends, so what was there to be worried about?

I eventually got ready, and Angela left to go sit down with Diego. I looked at myself in the mirror, straightening up my hair again as my aisle companion stuck his head in, "You look great. Ready to head out? People are getting antsy. Especially Butch."

I laughed, taking his arm and heading the the ceremony, "Jeez, Gob. Why didn't you come get me earlier?"

He simply shrugged, straightening his bowtie in the mirror behind me. I made a joke before walking out, smiling a little as we got to the aisle. I made sure to keep my breathing even, looking ahead of me and locking eyes with Butch. He had his chest puffed up, and it looked like he was about to break down crying tears of joy. He had a stupid smile plastered of his face, and his bottom lip anxiously between his teeth. Where did he get a suit that clean?

I eventually got up there, giving a small wave to Butch's best man, and he smiled politely in return. I stood in front of Butch as Diego's father stood next to us, speaking some shit I could care less about. I looked up at Butch, unable to take my eyes off of his. He whispered, "You're gorgeous."

I beamed, looking to the ground, then back up at him, "You're pretty hot shit, yourself."

The preacher spoke up a little, and we both tuned in to what he was saying, but I didn't really listen. Butch took my hands in his, saying those two words, giving his life away to me. I said them as well, and Father Clifford snapped the Bible shut, "You may kiss your spouse."

Butch froze up, looking into my eyes carefully. I thought he might be reconsidering, and a look of sadness flickered in my eyes for a split second. Butch noticed, and immediately yanked me to him, pulling my waist to his and pushing his lips to mine. I ran my fingers through his hair, kissing him back. We got loud claps and hoots from the audience, and eventually pulled away from each other. He pushed his forehead to mine, "I love you."

I chuckled, "I love you too."

He smiled, "I know we don't really have rings in this day and age, but..."

He pulled away, shuffling around in his pocket. The audience got quiet, whispering about what he might be getting. He pulled something out, then took my left hand, sliding a clean pair of brass knuckles onto my fingers. I did the same for his left hand, and he kissed me again, having the audience go back into their frenzy. Who knew that a marriage held next to a bomb in a puddle could go so well?

Author's Note
Hope you enjoyed!! Any requests??