Curie ➵ Music

Curie
Fallout 4
Warning: Cursing

Curie hummed a sweet tune as she twirled around her basement in joy

Curie hummed a sweet tune as she twirled around her basement in joy. It was her favorite part of the house, where she kept all of her chemicals and plants, and most importantly, an old Jukebox that she took a liking to. She loved the place with a very deep passion.

So that's where I knew she'd be. If I could live to make it that far. I practically fell through the front door, making my way to the stairs to the basement, and falling down them, staying planted on the floor and watching as she was immediately at my side, "Oh my! Mon amie, what has happened? You are in need of immediate attention, darling, let me help you!"

She picked me up as best as she could, me limping over to a medical cot she had. I'd seen a few patients on it, but never was I one of them. She went to her station, hurriedly slicing up a new stimpak-filled-mutfruit she'd been working on, and bringing it to me to eat while she got more serious medical equipment. I leaned against the wall, biting the sweet fruit, and grunting in pain as my calf ground against the rim of the cot's side. She mumbled the equipment needed to herself in French before sitting on the ground in front of me and taking care of the leg of the worst condition.

I spoke through labored chews and wheezy breaths, "That son of a bitch Garvey sent me out to help a settlement. Place was already overrun by mutants, and, as we both know, one human against four muties... not exactly great... ow, damn chill out! Not exactly great odds."

She apologized for the pain and went back to work, "Oh, Monsieur Garvey must have not known! He had the best of intentions, though, I'm sure. Oh, darling, it labors me to see you in such pain."

I put the empty plate on the bed beside me, touching a spot on my waist where I felt a rib break, "Don't worry about me, hon. I can already tell, ow fuck... gimme a second... Okay. I can already tell that your mutfruit experiment is proceeding well."

She smiled, glad that I noticed, "Oh, I know! It's all thanks to that man MacCready, the one with the son, you know him? He mentioned something outrageous about the mutfruit plants, something he said he tried once with his wife, and so I thought that maybe these fruits might be more than just a plant, and so I embraced and enhanced their healing qualities!" She saw my expression and gasped, "Oh! I'm hurting you again, aren't I?"

I smiled softly, ignoring how her clean fingernail had grazed the stitches she'd just sewn through my calf, "Nope...! Just, please keep talking. It distracts me."

She went on with her experiment ideas, and I dutifully listened as she patched me up. Though I couldn't hear much, I knew she was passionate about her experiments, and me.

Author's Note
Hope you enjoyed!! Any requests??