Robert MacCready ➵ Midnight

Robert MacCready
Fallout 4
Warning: None

I sat on the roof, my legs crossed neatly

I sat on the roof, my legs crossed neatly. I leaned back in my lawn chair, MacCready propped his feet up on the edge of the roof. I held my sniper across my chest comfortably, reached to the cooler between us, and grabbed a beer. I tossed one to him, and he opened it with a part of his gun. I held mine out, and he popped the top. I took a sip and sighed, "What's on your mind?"

He shrugged, aiming his gun at nothing and setting it back in his lap. He sighed, "Nothing much. Just thinking about Duncan... It's been almost a year since I saw him last. What if he doesn't even remember me?"

"Oh, hush. I know he'll remember you. You're his dad for crying out loud. Hell, my son knew me without even seeing my face in a good few years, and he was a baby when I lost him. He'll remember you, MacCready."

"I hope so... I have a whole bunch of things I want to do with him-- and you-- when we're all together back in Sanctuary."

"Care to elaborate?"

"Well, I need to teach him how to shoot, just incase something happens and we're not around." He counted on his fingers, "I want to teach him how to fish, too, that way he can help out with food and stuff. And then maybe you can teach him how to read and write."

"Why do I have to do all the boring stuff?"

He grinned at me, putting an arm around my waist through the arm rests between our chairs, "Because I don't want too."

"Well, at least let me teach him how to do something fun."

"Yeah, sure... I really think he'll like you. This is going to be good for both of us."

I frowned slightly, "How so?"

"Well... you know... You get to raise a son... and I get to raise him with my spouse." He pulled me to him slightly, and I rested my head on his shoulder. He rested his jaw on my head. He held up his sniper with a single hand, holding the scope to my eye. He smiled a little, "Look."

I did so, peering through the scope, I guided his hand slightly, and saw what he wanted me too. I smiled a little.

Down on the shore, three Radstag's stood proudly. I could tell two were parents and one was the child. I watched as they pranced around, and how the baby tried to butt antlers with its father. I pulled away, and he set his gun down, "You think me and Duncan will ever fight?"

"I dunno. Maybe... Let's just make sure he hangs around the right people."

MacCready frowned, "Like who?"

"Good point. Let's let him hang with Nick. He's smart, right?"

"Sure. And we have to let him spend time with Hancock!"

I frowned, "No way. I know he's like, your role model or man crush or whatever, but no."

"Are you sure?"

"Positive."

"Alright... What about Deacon?"

I chuckled, "Deacon himself is a child."

We went on discussing who Duncan could and could not be around, and went back to our usual hunting routine as we did so.

Author's Note
Hope you enjoyed!! Any requests??