Raul Tejada ➵ Growth

Raul Tejada
Fallout New Vegas
Warning: None

Raul TejadaFallout New VegasWarning: None

"Raul, come here! Now!"

"Aye, aye, aye. Quit your yellin', I'm coming."

He stepped outside, rubbing the back of his head. It was, after all the crack of dawn. He wasn't usually up until noon, since today was our off day. He walked over to me, "What's up?"

I grabbed his sleeves and yanked him down by my side, "Look at it, Raul! I did this all by myself!"

I had finally grew a mutfruit tree! I had planted numerous, and they had all failed, so I was, naturally, very excited when this one sprouted. He smiled softly, "Yeah, you did. Guess I taught you a thing or two." He rose to his full height, and I did the same. Chuckling, I walked with him back inside, "Oh please, you might be good with machines, but I'm the plant whiz!"

He walked to the back of the small shed, to our room, "It's only because we visited that jungle-lookin' Vault. You killed a few sprout humans and planted a tree."

I smiled, "That's the first step to fixing the world!"

He chuckled sadly, flopping back down on our bed, "This world is beyond fixing."

"That's funny coming from a repairman." I sat next to him on the edge, and he pulled my elbow, making me lay down with him. The world may be past fixing, but at the moment, right now, there was nothing to make this better. Except maybe a succulent on the nightstand wouldn't hurt.

Author's Note
Hope you enjoyed!! Any requests??