Paladin Danse ➵ Blind Betrayal

Paladin Danse
Fallout 4
Warning: Mention of Implied Suicide

Paladin DanseFallout 4Warning: Mention of Implied Suicide

"We don't have time to discuss this, soldier. Just do what you must. Your job."

A tear trickled down my cheek, and I adjusted my hand on my pistol. My hand shook, "I can't do it Danse. I can't do it I just can't."

His dark brown eyes, still thriving with dull life, met mine, "Yes, you can. And you must. Let's not have anymore bloodshed than necessary, alright? You don't kill me, the Elder will have both of our heads."

"But if I do kill you, then I'll blow my own brains. Please, Danse, don't make me do this."

He put his hand over mine, "Then let me."

I yanked the gun away, holstering it, "No. I can't. I won't. You are my life Danse. If you lose yours, you take mine."

"Please, don't make this harder than it has to be. I've been lying to you this entire time... been lying to myself... how could you ever love a synth?"

I wiped at my tears, "Danse, I don't love synths. I love you. Human, ghoul, synth. Whatever. I don't care. I love Danse. I love the Head Paladin of the Brotherhood of Steel, and nothing you say will change my mind."

He looked to me, his gorgeous eyes holding mine. He took the gun from my hand, and looked at me, "I'm not who you think I am. Just go, and I'll take care of this on my own."

I slapped the gun from his hand, "You don't need to die, Danse! Can't you see that? I love you, and nothing you say will change my mind. I'm not allowing you to die! I never will."

He thought for a moment, "Well... what will we do from here? We can't go back to the Prydwen..."

I smiled, "There's loads of places we could go. The Minutemen would love to have you. So would the Railroad. There's plenty of options. The Brotherhood is the past, Danse. What you do from here, is up to you."

His eyebrows came together in worry. I held his hand, "Let's just go on a walk. Clear your mind before making a decision." We left the bunker, and Maxson confronted us, talking about how Danse was an 'abomination'. I scoffed, "Elder, this is the first time I've seen you outside the Prydwen! And you're doing it to kill your best soldier? What the hell is wrong with you? Has the Brotherhood no morals?" We went back and forth, but it led to Danse keeping his life, but being banished. It was tough for Danse, but in the end, it worked out alright.

Author's Note
Hope you enjoyed!! Any requests??