Deacon ➵ Irritation

Deacon
Fallout 4
Warning: Cursing

I rolled over in bed, hugging myself

I rolled over in bed, hugging myself. Deacon sat up a little, shirtless, looking at me curiously, "Are you mad at me?"

I sighed, "No, Deacon. Today was just... shitty. I mean, I nearly got Hancock and Nick killed."

I felt him lay back down beside me, pushing his warm chest to my back and encasing me in a nighttime hug. He let out a little laugh, "Truth be told, I don't think Hancock or Nick can die."

"Still, if they did, that would have fallen on me. It's just... concerning is all. I don't know what I'd do if I lost anyone else. Especially my friends."

Deacon clicked his tongue, "You need better friends."

He was impossible to talk to right now. We could have serious talks, but only when he was in the mood. And tonight, he wasn't. I felt my eyes water, and blinked numerous times, trying to get the tears to go away. I didn't even know why I was crying. I guess I just wanted someone to be more understanding.

I felt a tear slide down my face and sniffed, hurriedly wiping it off and curling up into a tighter ball. I felt more tears start to form and eventually, I was silently crying. I was worried the sobs radiating off my back would catch Deacon's attention, seeing as neither of us were asleep yet, but then I remembered that he was oblivious. I heard him release a sigh and then pull away from me. I then heard his feet hit the ground and he walked across the room, "I'm gonna grab a water, do you need anyth..."

His sentence trailed off, and I kept my eyes closed so I wouldn't have to look at him. I heard his feet pad back over to where I was, and he sat next to where I was laying, putting a hand on my back. I sniffed more, releasing a slightly noisy sob. I felt his hand on my back vibrate with his voice as he spoke, "Awh, shit... C'mere."

He pulled my upper arm gently, and I sat up. He leaned his back against the wall above our bed, and moved me next to him sweetly. I lay between his legs, laying my head on his torso and wrapping my arms around his waist. I felt him tuck my hair behind my ear and move it out of my face. He reached over for a tissue box and placed it next to me, putting another hand comfortingly on my back, "I didn't know it was that serious to you... I'm... sorry."

He spoke extremely quietly, and that's how I knew he was serious.

I sniffed, sitting up and turning around to sit with his chest to my back. He wrapped his arms under mine and hugged my torso, pulling me closer as he rested his cheek against my back. I chuckled a little, embarrassed, "It's alright."

"You always say that. And... I don't really think it's alright. Sometimes your positive attitude makes me forget all the shit you've been through. I hate that it takes moments like these for me to remember..."

I sighed, "Don't worry about it. I got you and that's better than anything I've had before."

"Really?"

"Yeah."

He was silent for a while, before leaning back with a smug grin, "Now tell me about your day. I wanna know every detail, no exceptions. Who's ass do you have to kick?" I giggled, pushing my lips to his shoulder sweetly. He could be a big softie when he wanted to.

Author's Note
Hope you enjoyed!! Any requests??