Yes Man ➵ Taught

Yes Man
Fallout New Vegas
Warning: None

It had taken almost an entire year, but I finally taught Yes Man everything about being human

It had taken almost an entire year, but I finally taught Yes Man everything about being human... Even if he technically wasn't a human being. And there was no denying that I had feelings for him. I'm not like those other girls who giggle and bat their lashes and say 'Oh... I could never like him', when I know damn well I do. I was very blunt. I couldn't help it. Someone would say something, and I'd give a direct answer. I sat in my room, Yes Man lay face down on my bed, and I was worried he might actually suffocate himself with a pillow and not even know about it.

Last night, he got drunk for the first time. He was now suffering his first ever hangover. I sat at a chair at a desk in the corner, and he groaned, putting a pillow over his ears, "Stop doing that. Please."

"Stop doing what?"

"Breathing. It's giving me a headache."

I loved Yes Man dearly. He was absolutely hilarious as he got used to his body. He was an angry drunk, but due to his previous programming, he was still extremely nice. I remember a conversation we had last night, after he got in a fight with the bartender. He said and I quote, "Bartender? They should call you chickentender because you don't have the balls to get me another drink." After he said that, I couldn't breathe. That completely ended the fight, and the bartender actually got him another drink. He then proceeded to cry and tell the man how sorry he was and that he was a 'good sport'. He was so adorable. How could anyone not love him?

But I knew it wouldn't work out. I mean, let's face it, I deliver packages for a living. Usually I'm the package, and I end up only leaving a body behind, but still. He was just an absolute unit. He literally used to be an absolute unit. How could anyone hate him?

Everyone on the Strip certainly adored his presence, and actually gave him free stuff just for visiting them. I was liked well enough, but even I wasn't as popular as he was. He got over his hangover in a few hours, and was back to him usual peppy attitude, even though he was puking his guts up only an hour or two ago. We walked down the street comfortably. Vegas was a nice place. Messy, but so was everywhere else.

A group of girls were huddled beside an entrance that we went out of everyday. As we approached, I groaned inwardly. They were all wearing different colored dresses, and stopped us as we walked by. One with blonde hair grinned, "Hi, Yes Man! You're looking good today!"

He smiled back, being polite, "Why, thank you! And how are you ladies doing this afternoon?"

They giggled, and a redhead spoke in response, "Fine! So do you, like, want to go grab dinner with us tonight?"

I frowned, looping my arm through his, "Sorry girls, he already agreed to take me somewhere."

Yes Man nodded, "Yes! She is my date for tonight!"

The girls huffed, and stormed off. I grinned coyly, "So, where are you taking me?"

"You actually want me to take you somewhere? So be it! I have a perfect place in mind! You'll love it! Or if you don't... just pretend you do!"

Author's Note
Hope you enjoyed!! Any requests??