Craig Boone ➵ Hero

Craig Boone
Fallout New Vegas
Warning: Cursing

I wiggled against the ropes binding me to a wooden chair

I wiggled against the ropes binding me to a wooden chair. I tried to scoot off, but a Legionnaire firmly gripped the back of it, tilting me forward near the fire for their camp. He leaned to my ear, "Pretty thing like yourself should be too afraid to even think of escaping."

I spit on the fire, "You stupid son of a bitch, I'm trying to escape because I was kidnapped. If you were as smart as you said you were, you wouldn't have captured me in the first place!"

"And why's that?"

"Because you don't know who my fucking husband is, not what he's capable of! If you want to live, you'll be smart and let me walk!"

He yanked my chair back, making it tip. I landed with a thud and a plume of dust erupted from under me and the chair. I let out a wheezing cough as the man planted his foot on the center of my chest, "Your husband, eh?" He looked around, "Would this bluff- I mean... Would this husband of yours be upset if I... Oh, I dunno..." He opened his mouth and suggested something awful. I swung my tied ankles to his groin and he fell forward, stumbling over me and kicking dust in my face in the process. I tried to move in my chair again, and heard a slight choke and then silence. I panted, waiting for the man to beat the shit out of me. The chair was yanked up, and my wrists untied.

I immediately wiped the dust from my eyes and cheeks, looking at my savior. He untied my feet, and encased me in his arms. I released a sigh, "Boone! Took you long enough."

He pulled me to my feet, and gripped my hand, walking with me speedily back to our camp, "I know. Had to wait for the right time. Sorry I let you get captured. Are you-"

"Don't apologize, hon. Look, it was an accident. Don't worry about it." He slowed his pace slightly, and I knew the look on his face. I winced a little and hugged his arm as we trudged on, "You... thought you'd be too late... Like with your wife..."

His eyes turned cold, and I knew I was right. We walked home in silence, and he spoke, "Are you alright?"

I nodded, "I'm fine. A bit of dust in the lungs never hurt anybody."

He smiled politely and leaned his sniper up against mine in the corner, "I was... I did think I would be too late... again. I just don't know what I'd do if I lost you. I lost Carla, and I couldn't stand another loss. I'd probably kill myself or something."

I pulled him to sit next to me on the bed, "Hey, you're tougher than that." I looked at him, taking his sunglasses off so I could see his gorgeous eyes, "I would never leave your side willingly, got it?" He nodded, and we began to plot revenge on the other small Legion camps surrounding our little base.

Author's Note
Hope you enjoyed!! Any requests??