Charon ➵ Home

Charon
Fallout 3
Warning: None

"You know you can leave at any time, right? You don't have your contract anymore

"You know you can leave at any time, right? You don't have your contract anymore. You can go home."

Charon looked to me, then back to the fire, his brow set, "Home?"

I rolled my eyes, "Okay, so maybe not that specific home... but, there's still a bunch of other places you can live."

"Where?"

"Uh... Well... there's Megaton... Rivet City... uh..."

"The only ghoul in Megaton is a slave, and Rivet City is too judgemental."

"Well you can-"

He cut me off, but not like he was trying to be rude, "Are you trying to get rid of me? You can just ask. I'll go."

I frowned, "What? No! I just... don't know why you're still here. That contract has held you prisoner for you're whole life, and now you're finally free. What's stopping you from leaving?"

"You."

"What do you mean?"

"It's just... you. That, and the fact that I hate staying in one place. And traveling alone is too dangerous."

I smiled, "Even for you?"

"Yeah. Even for me."

"I don't understand, Charon. When Ahzrukhal gave up your contract, you killed him. When I got rid of your contract, you've stayed by my side as if I hadn't even burned it. What's the difference between me and Ahzrukhal?"

He smiled a little, setting his gun on the ground and opening a water bottle, "Well, Ahzrukhal isn't the type of person that you fall head over heels in love with." I clenched my jaw, and searched his eyes. The look in them told me that he was telling the truth, and I felt like I was going to faint and fly at the same time. I looked to the fire, "What are you trying to say, Charon?"

He sighed a little, pulling his knees up and crossing his arms around them, "I'm trying to say that I have feelings for you. That's why I've stuck around this long. I don't plan on going anywhere, unless you tell me to go."

I moved closer to him, and rested my head on his shoulder, "I don't want you to go anywhere. I want you to stay with me until I meet my end, okay?"

He chuckled, "You die, I'm dying with you."

"Well, you'd have to avenge me first."

He smiled warmly, "Of course." We sat quietly for a long time before be spoke again, "You know we have a reputation?"

I scoffed, "Is it a good one?"

"Depends how you look at it. Did you notice everyone's faces when we walked into Megaton last week?"

I thought for a second, "Well, I didn't really give it any mind, but looking back... They looked afraid."

"Like I said, whether it's a good thing or a bad thing, depends on how you look at it."

"I think it's a good thing." I sighed, elbowing him a little, "Me, you, and the Wasteland. Don't need anything else. I wonder why they're afraid of us though. All we ever do is help people."

He shrugged, "Yeah, but if you think about what we actually do, it's kinda fucked up. Someone tells us to kill someone, we do it. So long as the pay is good. We've cleared buildings and buildings of super mutants. We've killed an entire hotel of assholes. We're definitely a force to be reckoned with."

"Let's just hope that we haven't made any enemies. If people want our heads on a plate... that's... not good."

He laughed, "You have such a way with words."

I rolled my eyes and slapped his upper arm lightly. He looked down at me before standing up. I held a hand out, and he carefully pulled me to my feet. I looked at him, and he brushed my hair from my face before slowly pushing his lips to mine. We separated and re-connected numerous times, and he eventually pulled away enough to mumble, "Tent..."

I pulled away a little more, frowning, "What?"

His eyes went to my lips again, "Can we take this to the tent?" I kissed him in response before taking his hand and leading him that way. He muttered a quick, "I love you," before picking up where he left off.

Author's Note
Hope you enjoyed!! Any requests??