Nick Valentine ➵ Mystery

Nick Valentine
Fallout 4
Warning: None

Nick ValentineFallout 4Warning: None

"Hey, Nick?"

"Yeah, sweetheart, what's up?"

"You think it was the dad that did it?"

He rolled his eyes and ignored me. I was reading one of these old mystery novels he'd managed to get his hands on. He'd already read all of them, and I was on the last one. I looked at my spot, and bookmarked it, setting it down and stretching, "You remind me of that Sherlock Holmes character."

"Because I'm a detective?"

"Because I love you."

He chuckled, "You say that a lot."

"That's because it's true."

He smiled at my words, and went back to his file, scribbling things down on index cards and pinning them up on his bulletin board. I folded my legs under myself, watching him work with the efficiency of... well... a machine. He stepped back from his work, a red string attaching or connecting some of the photos and articles in one way or another. He caught me staring at him, and raised his brows quizzically.

"What, Nick? Don't like me starin' at you?"

He shrugged a shoulder, looking back to his work, "It's not that... There's just better things to look at."

I scoffed, "Like what?"

He smiled sweetly, "A mirror."

"Thanks for the complement, Nicky, but I'd much rather look at you." He waved his hand at me dismissively, and I sighed, "I don't think I love you, Nick."

He froze, looking at me, "Pardon?"

"I said I don't think I love you." I smiled sweetly, "I think I'm in love with you. There's a difference."

His attitude turned back to normal, "Oh, yeah? What's the difference, then, if you're so smart."

"Well, if I just said 'I love you', it means my heart loves you. But if I say 'I'm in love with you', it means my hearts invested in you."

He came over, kissing me sweetly, "In which case, I'm in love with you too."

Author's Note
Hope you enjoyed!! Any requests??