Kent Connolly ➵ Optimistic

Kent Connolly
Fallout 4
Warning: Cursing

I sat behind Kent, untying his hands hastily

I sat behind Kent, untying his hands hastily. I did so, and stood to my feet, hoisting him up alongside me. I spun him around, and pushed my lips to his before encasing him in a tight hug, "Oh my god, Kent. Shit, I'm so sorry for getting you all tangled up in this. God, you could have been hurt..."

He hesitantly hugged me back, "It's- It's okay. Look at the bright- bright side! You saved me! You're like a real life hero!"

I smiled, "Thanks Kent. I'm just glad you're okay. Let's get home so we can get you something to eat and so we can rest, alright?"

He nodded, "Okay." I pulled away from the hug, and he gently pulled me back, "Just- Just another minute. Please." I smiled, hugging him again. He loved hugs, and I certainly didn't mind being the one to deliver them. I finally pulled away, and took his hand in mine as we began the hike back to Goodneighbor, "So, Kent, what was it like being held hostage?"

He shrugged a little, "I eavesdropped on- on their conversations. They said that they only took me because I- I cared about you, and you cared about me. He said that he used me to lure you in so that they could get revenge on you for killing his men... I was scared they were gonna kill you."

I kissed his cheek, "But they didn't, and that's what's important. Listen, Kent, it'll take an army to keep me from you, okay? I will always get back to you, no matter what, okay?"

He smiled sweetly, blushing, "Yeah. Okay. When we get home, can- can we tell Hancock about what happened?"

I rolled my eyes, "He'll want to speak to me anyways for endangering his people."

Kent blushed, "But I'm not his." He sunk into his collar, squeezing my hand lightly, "I'm yours."

Author's Note
Hope you enjoyed!! Any requests??