Paladin Danse ➵ Christmas

Paladin Danse
Fallout 4
Warning: Cursing

I wheezed with laughter, clutching my stomach and speaking through honking laughter, "H-Holy shit! You look like a cat that got fucked by a securitron!" I slapped a hand on my forehead, unable to control myself

I had been marking areas where me and Danse had scouted, when suddenly the man came in with the cutest, ugliest, most god-frightening Christmas sweater on. I immediately lost my mind, wheezing and laughing until I saw spots. I had been bantering him for the past half hour. He pouted, crossing his arms over his broad chest. Once I caught my breath, wiping the tears from my eyes, he spoke, "So you don't like it?"

I let out a final laugh, "No, yeah, I like it, I just... Why?"

He shrugged, "Well, I thought I might try to revive some Old-World Christmas traditions, since this is our first Christmas together, but if you don't like it I can-"

"Don't take it off, Danse. You can be a real goofball sometimes you know that? I gotta get back to mapping now, so if-"

He hopped onto my desk, sitting comfortably on the map and crossing his arms, "I'm staying here until you put on the one I got you."

I frowned, "What?"

He reached to the closet space next to him, yanking out yet another ugly sweater. I laughed again, "The bombs managed to blow up world-changing technology, but kept these two pieces of shit in perfect condition. Funny, isn't it? I'm not wearing that."

I held it up in front of me. It was the same color as Danse's, but instead of a deformed tree, it held a reindeer that looked like it was missing a chromosome. I let out a sputtering laugh again, and Danse spoke, "I'm not letting you get back to work until you put it on."

I tried to reason with him, and eventually, through muttered grumbling, I put on the sweater. It was itchy. Danse laughed, and I blushed. It was such a warm sound; and one that I hadn't heard in a while. There was a knock on the door and Maxson entered. He looked at me, vigorously itching myself, and Danse, half-consciously giggling and sitting on a desk. He cleared his throat, "You two seem... occupied. I'll come back in a week. Or two."

He walked out, and Danse hopped off the desk, taking me in his arms and pushing his lips to mine sweetly. I watched as the man linked our arms, and practically dragged me around the Prydwen, showing off our ugly sweaters and an un-revivable tradition.

Author's Note
Hope you enjoyed!! Any requests??