56: Insecurities.

Right after breakfast, everyone had to get to work and do their job. Donut strolled back to Twos office slowly, not wanting to be there so took his time. He frowned and observed the security cameras as he walked.. was it just him, or did there seem to be a lot more of these lately? Unsurprisingly.. Two had been quite fussy about the security recently due to all the attacks.

Donut traced the wall with his hand as he walked back. Gelatin had to go help with weaponry today for a little while since it was only Gaty there now, so Donut was going to be mostly alone today as well. This made him feel miserable, but he wasn't going to admit that.

He pushed the door to Twos office open, expecting to see Two in there, however, they were not, only Coiny was inside the room. Coiny didn't look at him, his sword hoisted over his shoulder. Donut slowed down once he realised it was just him, looking around wearily. "Where's Two?" He questioned, holding onto the door.

"Busy." Coiny replied coldly.

Donut took advantage of this, letting go of the door so it would close behind him, slowly pacing to where he would usually stand, not taking his eyes off Coiny. "Um.. Coiny-" he tried to start.

"What." Coiny muttered, not wanting to speak to him.

After last night he would never be able to see Coiny the same again. Coiny was clearly struggling a lot and he wasn't telling anyone about it. However he wasnt accepting that he was struggling, either.

"Are you okay?"

Coiny glared over to him, Donut taken aback since this was the first time Coiny had made eyecontact with him throughout the whole conversation. He looked fierce, as if he wanted to say something insulting or threatening to scare Donut.

Coiny gripped his sword tightly between his grasping hands. After yesterday and having Donut walk right in on his meltdown.. he had thought a lot. Two had tried to talk to him but he said he was fine. He just kept saying he was fine. It was fine. Everything was fine.

Coiny didn't want to be weak. He didn't want to show weakness or any signs of it, and especially not in front of anyone else. He didn't need to stress over these memories. He didn't need to know what happened in the past. He didn't need Firey or Pin or Blocky or Clock or any of them. He didn't need to have FRIENDS. Friends would just make him weaker and he didn't want them, he was strong and he was strong on his OWN, he didn't anyone else to feel strong - and he certainly didn't need their love.

He didn't care. Of course he didn't care, not at all. He didn't care about these memories anymore, Two was telling the truth and he trusted them, he only needed their approval because that was what mattered the most. The more approval he received the stronger he felt. The stronger he felt the more powerful he was, and the more powerful he was the more valued he would be to Two.

He didn't need to feel all those... emotions. If he just kept the fury and sadness buried deep deep down and stopped them from taking over, they would STAY down. He would tame himself to not care about his flashbacks - he would take control of himself once again. He wouldn't let his feelings be the downfall of him, he would keep them under his surveillance. Two clearly needed him and he simply couldn't be acting this way, Two DEPENDED on Coiny. He had to do this right and had to do what they wanted him to do.

Coiny hadn't realised the whole time he had just been staring at Donut without giving a response. He kept a straight face "...I'm fine."

"Really, because.." Donut noticed his threatning expression, and didn't really want to poke the bear with a stick but.. he was concerned about him. Coiny was seriously upset... and despite him knowing how dangerous Coiny could be from experiencing his threats in the past..well