107: Have some trust.

Donut knew that even though him and Gelatin had resolved their argument quite a bit ago, they still ..weren't as close as they were before the argument had even taken place. It had .. took some time for them both to get over the event and patch things up between them. Going back to normality was kind of hard after that. Donut felt bad because.. he knew Gelatin of course tried to make an effort to act like nothing happened and it was all okay, but every day Donut felt guilty about it.

He felt guilty over the fact that... he hid that from him, even if it was all over now his actions still bothered himself. He knew it had been wrong to do that.. he felt awful every time he thought about it. Mainly because.. he could tell Gelatin didn't act as close to him as he did before. The two joked around and he still made the same jokes but.. something was missing at the same time.

He felt like Gelatin had .. mildly pulled away ever since the incident. Donut couldn't blame him.. he let Donut in and Donut just hurt him. It would take a while for them to get back to that stage they were at again and ..for things to feel normal between them. Donut wished that wasn't the case, though, which was why he regret what he did to Gelatin so much.

Donut had thought a lot about Fries ever since Lightning returned. He wondered if he was okay .. which bothered him constantly. He also knew that he would need to find a way to help Lightning if the time ever came to that.. as Fries told him he would have to tell the lab about his powers eventually so.. might as well start with helping Lightning.

But when he thought about this he realised. .. things weren't going to ever revert back to their old state even if he tried to think of it that way. He wasn't ever going to be the same person he was 5 weeks ago because.. that just wasn't possible - he was in a completely different mindset now. Things were changing all around him constantly..he needed to accept that and adjust to them. This whole time he just.. expected things with Gelatin to brush over. But that wasn't the case.

He needed to .. make that effort.

Donut took some time away from Twos office to excuse some time to himself, knowing he needed to clear his mind from all the recent responsibilities. Fries needed him.. Lightning needed him..Barfbag needed him .. Coiny needed him.. he had to do a lot of work. He could choose to ignore that or.. try his best.

He wasn't sure why the situation with Gelatin bothered him so much.. or why the fact they weren't as close as they were before made him feel.. upset. He wouldn't have felt that way.. during way back. It probably wouldn't have even crossed his mind. Something had changed though..

He wanted to see Gelatin. Gelatin probably already knew about the arrival of Lightning so.. he needed to tell him about the fact Fries hadn't been at the base. But also.. he just wanted to talk to him generally. He felt like he had been.. giving Gelatin too little - just overall. Gelatin had been relentlessly supportive and sacrificed things for him, Donut hadn't done the same to the extent Gelatin had. It's not like he needed to make those same sacrifices he just.. needed to show him he cared, because.. reassurance was probably what Gelatin needed often. The only reason they had their argument was because of the lack of reassurance.

Donut had left Twos office and made sure that Coiny wasn't alone with Two when this happened, so just had waited until Coiny went off to also excuse himself. He went straight to Gelatins room and had opened the door without warning, startling the other object who was busy at his desk.

"D-Donut! Hey!" Gelatin was surprised, standing and pushing the paper he was writing on into a draw in reflex, forcing an awkward and uneasy smile. Donut was confused. "I'm not stupid. You were doing something. I'm not going to force you to tell me though, unlike you." He passively insulted.

Gelatin scoffed, rolling his eyes as Donut shut the door behind himself. "Don't be so salty. You were up to weird stuff. I'm just innocently writing. " he complained, mildly grinning. "But hey.. it's good to see ya, D! What brings you here?" He walked over to him.