What's Your Number?

Maya's POV

"So" Josh draws out the o as he lays on the floor in front of the entertainment center looking up at the movie collection. "What movie should we watch?" he asks curiously.

"Hm" I think as I walk into the living room with a bowl of popcorn. "What do you have?" I ask curiously as I plop down onto the couch. Josh and I had started dating a few weeks after my sixteenth birthday, unable to stop the inevitable and now I was eighteen and in my last semester of high school. I was granted one day a week to spend the night at Josh's and tonight was that night.

"Not much" he replies frustrated. "I really need to get more movies" he adds making me chuckle as I stand up and move towards the entertainment center. I kneel down and stare at the few movies in his collection.

"This one" I pull out What's Your Number causing him to laugh.

"You sure? It's really inappropriate."

"Josh I'm eighteen" I remind him as I roll my eyes and go back to my spot on the couch. He laughs and puts the movie in the Blu-Ray player before coming to take a seat on the couch beside me. He presses play and relaxes into the couch, wrapping his arm around my shoulders and pulling my body against his.

We sit in silence, laughing and eating popcorn until the scene when all the women play the game where they try to guess the number of men they've all slept with. "Hey Josh" I gnaw my bottom lip as I keep my eyes glued to the television.

"Hm?" he hums in response as he grabs a handful of popcorn and stuffs it in his mouth.

"What's your number?" I ask him curiously, unsure if I really want to hear the answer.

"My number?" he questions, looking down at me confused. "Like how many girls have I slept with?"

"Yea" I nod. Josh was almost nineteen by the time we started dating, I had figured he had done it before.

He laughs and kisses the top of my head, pulling me closer. "Baby I've never done that" he assures me making my eyes widen as I flick my gaze up to meet his.

"What?" I ask in shock. He stares down at me, amusement clear on his face.

"What?" he laughs. "Did you actually think I've had sex before? Maya, I've had a crush on you since I was seventeen. I had one other girlfriend before you and the furthest I got with her was second base. Over her bra so I don't even think it counts" he chuckles.

I gnaw my bottom lip and shrug. "I don't know. I guess I just kinda figured you did."

"I haven't" he assures me. "I was waiting for the right girl" he adds making my heart skip a beat.

"Was?" I question, my voice small.

"Was" he confirms as he leans forward and presses his lips to mine. I melt into him, wrapping my arms around his neck and pulling him closer. He grips my waist as he lies me down on the couch, climbing on top of me. I tug his hair as his lips begin trailing down my neck causing a moan to slip past my lips. His hand slides under my shirt and my body heats up under his touch. "Josh" I whisper causing him to pull back and stare down at me.

"Too much?" he asks worriedly. "We can stop."

I shake my head, smiling up at him. "Don't stop" I whisper as my heart pounds in my chest.

"You sure?"

"So sure" I nod as I reach up and his lips close over mine.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

"We missed the whole movie" Josh laughs as we lie together on the couch, my body snuggled up against his with a blanket draped over our bodies.

"It's okay. You own it" I remind him making him chuckle as he kisses the top of my head.

"You okay?" he asks worriedly making a smile pull at my lips as I move to rest my elbows on his chest and stare up at him.

"Perfect" I assure him as I lean forward to place a lingering kiss to his lips. "I love you."

"I love you too" he smiles as he caresses my cheek. "How does it feel to be my number one?" he asks playfully making a smile pull at my lips.

"Great as long as I'm the only one" I smirk.

"My one and only."