Chapter 9 - Wedding day

Jaime and Lyra wake up naked in each other arms in Jaime's bed in their chambers in the castle.
"Good morning, wife, I can't believe that I'm marrying you today", Jaime says, getting on top of Lyra, moving slow and gently inside her.
"Good morning, husband", Lyra says, wrapping her arms around Jaime's neck. "How much time have we got?"
"Half an hour", Jaime says when there's a knock on the door.
"Lord Lannister, may I come in?" Arianne says on the other end of the door.
"Send for lady Stark's servants, and for my groomsmen, they will attend to us", Jaime says.
"Yes, lord Lannister", Arianne says, sounding deflated.
"Send her away from here, please Jaime, I don't feel comfortable with her around, I honestly fear that she'll do whatever she can think of to make sure I don't have you", Lyra says.
"There's nothing she can do to change my mind about having you, what makes you so concerned about it today, on our wedding day, either way I will speak to my father during the wedding party, tell him that he and mother will have to bring her with them when they leave for Lannisport, where they will relocate to after our wedding, we will be taking over Casterly Rock after the wedding, it will be my inheritance upon our marriage", Jaime says.
"Thank you", Lyra says.
"Anything for you, my love", Jaime says, giving Lyra a little kiss.
"Lord Lannister, may we come in? I'm bringing lady Lyra's servant girls and your other groomsmen to help get ready for your wedding", one of Jaime's groomsmen says.
"Yes, come in", Jaime says.

The servants walk in to the chambers, the groomsmen carrying buckets of steaming hot water, starting to fill the tub after a nod from their master.
"It's ready", one of Jaime's groomsmen says and the naked Jaime and Lyra get in to the tub together, washing each other.

When they are clean, Jaime helps Lyra out of the tub, her handmaidens wrapping her in towels, one for her body and one for her hair. Jaime gets out of the tub on his own, wrapping a towel around his waist, drying himself with a second towel.

When they are both dry they put small clothes on under their wedding clothes. Lyra's handmaidens help their mistress in to her gold colored petticoat and lace her in to a crimson red dress with the golden lions of her new husband's house.
"Elaria, help me, please, get me the set of jewelry Jaime gave me as a gift when we were betrothed, and the golden silk belt, and the cloak of my house, Jaime will cloak me in a Lannister cloak like his own during the wedding ceremony", Lyra says.
"Yes, m'lady, how would you like your hair?" Elaria asks.
"Jaime?" Lyra asks, looking up at her tall, strong beautiful husband to be, his golden blonde hair glistening like spun gold in the bright sunlight seeping in through the windows of their room and his eyes glow, deep blue as the summer sky.
"Up, let me see that beautiful slim neck of yours", Jaime says.
"Yes, my love", Lyra says. "You heard my lord husband."

Elaria puts her mistress's long hair up in an elaborate hairstyle, fasten it with hairpins and finishes the hairdo with a hair ornament in the shape of a wolf and a lion facing each other, their claws clasped.

When it's fastened, Elaria looks at her mistress's new husband with a question in her eyes.
"Vale or no vale, m'lord?" Elaria asks, looking at Jaime.
"No vale", Jaime says.
"Yes, m'lord", Elaria says.
"Are we ready to go to our wedding?" Jaime asks.
"Yes, if you're ready, my love", Lyra says.
"I am", Jaime says, giving one of his groomsmen a look.

His groomsman gives a nod and opens the door, outside of the door waits Jaime's father Tywin and Lyra's father Benjen, ready to escort their respective children to their wedding.

Their mothers, tall blonde green eyed lady Joanna Lannister and equally tall dark haired grey eyed lady Ariella Stark standing behind their tall broad handsome husbands.

Behind them Lyra's aunt and uncle Eddard and Catelyn stand tall.
"Are we ready to get you two married?" Tywin asks and Jaime gives his father a nod.