Chapter 172 - "you have taught them well"

Lyra, in men's clothing, long since outgrown by Jaime but kept and cared for as they were still wearable by someone else who might need or want them by the time he outgrew them in his youth, posing as one the stable boys, watches from afar how her husband and sons are gently caring for their steeds, she smiles to herself, the words that her mother told her in her youth while they were watching her lord father and uncle train together with the young Stark men, returning to her.
"Watch how a man treats his horses, that's how he will treat you and your future children", and the words of her mother couldn't be more true, Jaime treats his horses with the same love and care that he treats her and their children with.

Right before they leave the stables, Lyra sneaks back to the master's and mistress's rooms to have a quick wash and change back into her own clothes, the dress she wore when Jaime and their sons went out to ride.

With help from one of her handmaidens, she fixes her hair and clothes right before Jaime walks in.
"You're back so soon, I didn't expect to see you before supper", Lyra says, smiling. "How was your ride with our sons?"
"It was very nice, they did well, they have grown in to fine riders, both of them, fine horsemen and fine soldiers, as well as fine lords", Jaime says proudly.
"You have taught them well, beloved", Lyra says proudly.
"I suppose so, but I surely couldn't have done it without you", Jaime says.
"Our sons have grown up to be strong and fierce and brave like lions", Lyra says.
"They sure have, and to think that I was once concerned about what would happen to my legacy once I was gone, I'm not concerned anymore, our sons will do well once it's time for Daemon to succeed me," Jaime says.
"I always knew he would do well when his time came, I never doubted him, sure he's always had the same tenacity and the same willful nature that had his grandfather nearly tearing his hair out when I was a young girl, he is a cleaver young man who will do well with any task put before him", Lyra says.
"I noticed you in the stables while we were taking care of our horses after our ride", Jaime says, surprising her.
"You did?" Lyra asks.
"Oh yes, my sweet sister used the same trick when we were young, but that never worked for her, as I never wanted her, and someone always told father", Jaime says.
"Would it work for me?" Lyra asks playfully.
"Oh most certainly, m'lady", Jaime says, biting his lip playfully. "Come to me in the yard, by the haystacks at sundown, dressed in men's clothing, I will go out to take some night air as soon as the castle is dark, follow me five minutes behind."

That night, as Jaime goes past Lyra in their rooms, he notices her dressed in her Lannister cloak and already dressed in some of Jaime's outgrown clothes underneath, light gray linen pants and white tunic, out to the yard to take in some night air.
"Five minutes after I've gone out the door", Jaime whispers in her ear, planting a gentle kiss on her forehead.

Lyra watches Jaime leave and waits for five minutes before following after him. She sneaks out to the yard, over to the haystacks and stands still waiting until she feels hands on her. She spins around, meeting Jaime's hungry eyes.

Jaime lays Lyra down in the hey, getting on top of her and they open each other's pants and take each other's tunics off, eagerly making love. They gently start kissing and groping each other, Lyra moving her hand down between Jaime's legs, tugging on his manhood, making it hard before he enters her.

They gently make love in the hey for about two hours before putting their clothes back on and returning in to their rooms inside the castle, taking each other's clothes off and resuming their play in their bed.