Chapter 107 - riding with the lion lord

After taking care of the insolent serving maiden, Jaime and Lyra get their riding clothes on and go to find Bronn and Will.
"We wish to go out riding", Jaime says.
"Yes, m'lord, would you like us to saddle your and lady Lannister's horses?" Will asks.
"Yes, thank you", Jaime says.
"And would you like us to accompany you? To guard you?" Bronn asks.
"We will carry our weapons, so that won't be necessary, practice with our sons while we are out", Jaime says.
"Yes, m'lord", Bronn says.

Jaime and Lyra go to their rooms to get their riding clothes on. Lyra watch as Jaime gets his riding boots on and strap on his sword belt, adding his bow, arrows, knives and sword.

She puts her own weapons on and they both finish by putting on their cloaks.
"Are you ready?" Jaime asks, offering his arm to his wife.
"Yes, let's go", Lyra says, taking Jaime's offered arm, putting her gloved hand on his strong bicep.

Jaime and Lyra go outside to their horses, Will waits with Wind-sweeper and Lady of the Rock, Gerion standing straight backed beside him.
"Thank you, Will, where is the captain?" Jaime asks.
"He's at the smith's having new shoes put on his horse", Will says.
"I see", Jaime says. "And lord Daemon, our heir?"
"The heir is with the captain, the captain found it useful for the young lord to learn everything he needs to know about horses, with a father who is one of the finest horse handlers in the seven kingdoms, the captain also said he would spend some time in the practice yard with the heir and he said he wished for you to join them when you and lady Lannister comes back after your ride", Will says.
"Then I shall join the captain and my heir when I and my lady wife return from riding", Jaime says. "Come, Lyra, let's go riding."

Jaime and Lyra spur their horses on and ride out on to the grounds adjoining Casterly Rock. They playfully race through the woods, laughing like they were still young.

Halfway in to the woods, as they are racing, Jaime, his eyes on Lyra rather than what's ahead, is thrown from Wind-Sweeper's back by a hanging oak branch and lands with a thump on the ground, Wind-Sweeper, noticing that his rider is no longer on his back, races to Lyra's side.

Lyra, having witnessed Jaime falling off his horse, dismounts and rush over to his side, the two horses standing back, munching on the thick grass in the glade.
"Jaime!" Lyra gasps, kneeling by her husband's seemingly unconscious limp body. "Jaime, wake up, Jaime, say something."

As Lyra leans in to listen if he's breathing and to find a pulse on him, Jaime opens one eye to glance at her.
"Boo!" Jaime exclaims, opening his eyes, giggling like a little boy when he sees her scandalized look.
"Damn you!" Lyra exclaims, frustrated with her husband's boyish prankster behavior but relieved that he is unharmed.

Jaime gives Lyra a boyish grin and she smacks him lightly on his leather clad arm. Jaime wraps his arms around her, kissing her deeply.
"Can you forgive me, my love?" Jaime asks with a boyish smile.
"Only because I love you and because you're cute", Lyra says with a raised eyebrow, leaning in to kiss him.
"Come here", Jaime says, pulling Lyra on top of him, having her sit down on him like she's gonna ride him. "Ride me, baby."

Lyra straddles Jaime, guiding him inside her before taking his hands in hers as she rides him. Slow and gentle, they are making love in the same clearing where they both believe Daemon was really conceived a couple days before their wedding, even though everyone else think it happened on their wedding night.