Chapter 16 - "watching father joust"

Three years later.

Jaime, Lyra and their now 4 year son Daemon are in King's Landing for the wedding of Daemon's aunt, Jaime's sister Cersei and Robert Baratheon, heir to Storm's End.

Accompanying them is Bronn and four others from their household guard and a couple of their servants. Bronn is serving both as captain of their household guard and Jaime's squire during the tourney at his sister's wedding.
"Will you be jousting as well, father?" Daemon asks.
"I will, and you and your lady mother are going to sit and watch with your grandfather, grandmother and your uncle Tyrion", Jaime says, ruffling his son's golden hair.
"Be careful, my love", Lyra says, giving Jaime a kiss on his soft lips.
"Do not fear, my love", Jaime says. "Bronn is my squire, he won't let me out there until he's sure that everything is on properly."
"Yeah, Bronn would never let anything happen to you, I just worry about you, you know", Lyra says. "What horse are you using?"
"Wind-sweeper, that I rode at our wedding, I've had him in tourneys before", Jaime says.
"He is a good horse and I'm sure he will serve you well in the tourney", Lyra says.
"Yes, he will", Jaime says. "He's served me well for many years and I'm sure he will serve me well for many more years, I promised our son that I would let him ride with me after the joust."
"Jaime, are you sure it would be safe for our son to ride with you?" Lyra says, looking at her husband with a searching look.
"He will be in front of me on Wind-sweeper, and I'll control him, he will go easy on it when he feels more than one body on him", Jaime says lightly.
"Promise me that nothing is gonna happen to our son if I allow him to ride with you, and promise me that nothing will happen to you in the joust", Lyra says.
"I promise, my love, I promise that I'll be careful, I promise that I won't let anything happen to me or our baby boy, I promise I will come back to you, I promise that I will come back safe to you to warm your bed, we might need to have them make us a new bed when I bed you after jousting tonight", Jaime says.
"Good, my love", Lyra says, kissing Jaime deeply.
"I must go, my love, go find your seat and enjoy the jousting", Jaime says, giving Lyra one last kiss before going to prepare for the joust.

Lyra, with Daemon, the little spitting image of his young beautiful lord father, on her hip, goes to find their seats next to Daemon's grandmothers, lady Joanna Lannister and lady Ariella Stark.
"Lady Lannister, lady mother", Lyra says, nodding at her mother and mother in-law.
"Lady Lannister, come sit watch the joust with us", Joanna says, nodding to her daughter in-law. "Are you nervous about watching Jaime joust?"
"A little, but I'm sure he will be fine and that he will do well", Lyra says. "Lady Joanna, can you hold your grandson?"
"Yes, of course, my dear", Joanna says, taking the little boy in her arms while Lyra sit down in between her mother and mother in-law. "Hey there, little lion, he looks just like his father."
"I know, we had marriage proposals for him when he was a newborn", Lyra says.
"From who?" Joanna asks.
"From house Tyrell, lady Olenna and lord Luthor, they wanted our Daemon for their newborn daughter Mina", Lyra says. "Me and Jaime said we would consider it but that we both find that there are many years yet until we have to decide anything for him."
"Very wise", Tywin says. "There are other alliances that can be made for your son, besides, you and Jaime are still both young and have lots of time have more children."
"Yeah, we were propositioned from house Targaryen for a possible second son, the king and queen wanted their daughter, princess Daenerys for our possible second son and prince Viserys for a possible daughter we might have", Lyra says. "It depends on how safe that alliance would be for us."
"That's wise too", Tywin says. "You and Jaime must think of what's the best and safest alliance for house Lannister as well as for house Stark."
"Very true, we have been discussing it quite a lot, what would be the best and safest alliance for both our houses", Lyra says.
"Look, daddy horse", Daemon exclaims excitedly, pointing eagerly at the rider in Lannister colors riding in to the jousting ground on the large beautiful warhorse, Wind-sweeper. 
"Come on, Jaime", Lyra mumbles against her son's hair.

Jaime unhorses his first opponent, his former rival, Jory Cassel, with a swift blow from his lance. Lyra gets up from her seat, applauding her husband. His next opponent is Lyra's young cousin, Robb Stark, her uncle Eddard's firstborn son.

Jaime unhorses the young wolf lord with another swift blow from his lance. His final opponent, in the final round of the melee is his own cousin Lancel Lannister, that he defeats after a long battle, that leaves Jaime completely unharmed but Lancel is beaten and bloody, practically falling off his horse.

Jaime adjusts himself in the saddle and rides over to get the first price from the king. When he's gotten the price from the king and queen, he rides over to his wife and son.
"Did daddy win?" Daemon asks.
"Yes, daddy won", Lyra says proudly, ruffling her son's hair.
"My daddy won", Daemon says smiling, seeing Jaime ride up to them. "Look mommy, daddy!"
"Congratulations, my love", Lyra says, kissing Jaime as he rides up to them.
"Thank you, my love", Jaime says.
"Can I ride with you now?" Daemon asks.
"Yes, you can", Jaime says, reaching out his arms for the boy and put him in front of him on his horse.
"Have fun", Lyra says, smiling at her husband and son. "Keep him safe, Jaime, hold on to him."
"I will, my love, don't worry, I will keep him safe and I will make sure nothing happens to him", Jaime says.
"Good", Lyra says, kissing Jaime deeply before letting Jaime and Daemon out on the ground.