Chapter 90 - at the training yard with father

Daemon, dressed in his riding clothes, sits on the balustrade together with his uncle Tyrion watching as Jaime, on one of his beautiful horses, begins the training of the men serving as guards at Casterly Rock and soldiers in the Lannister army.
"Hey there, little lion", a voice says behind Daemon and Tyrion.
"Jory, what are you doing here? Does mother and father know you're here?" Daemon asks, surprised to see his great uncle Eddard's former guard captain from Winterfell.
"Your lady mother's uncle dismissed me from his service and sent a raven to your grandfather, the king's former hand, to offer my services as a soldier to him, lord Tywin declined and asked that lord Eddard send a raven to your father and offer up my services to him instead, your mother and father accepted and here I am", Jory says with a smile.

Jaime looks up at the balustrade from his seat on horseback on the training field and sees the young man beside his brother and his firstborn son and he gives a whistle to alert Bronn to the fact that they have a guest that might mean trouble.

Bronn gives a light nod and breaks off the training. When the training has been cut off, Jaime and Bronn ride side by side up to the balustrade.
"Daemon, what is our northern guest doing here? So far away from Winterfell?" Jaime asks in the voice of Lord Lannister of Casterly Rock.
"He is here to seek employment, father", Daemon says, his voice as stern as his father's.
"Employment?" Jaime asks.
"Yes, father", Daemon says. "Lord Eddard, my lady mother's uncle, dismissed him from his service, he says, sent a raven to king's former hand, grandfather, lord Tywin, to offer Jory's services to him, he says, grandfather, lord Tywin, declined and asked that lord Eddard send a raven to you and mother to offer Jory's services to you."
"Well, Cassel, I accept your offer of service to my family, we need someone to take care of the castle's latrines", Jaime says sardonically and both Tyrion beside his nephew and Bronn beside Jaime himself, both hide their laughter behind acted coughing fits while Bronn's black eyes and Tyrion's mismatched eyes both glitter with glee.
"You heard my father, go, seek out the latrine workers", Daemon says sternly with eyes almost as steely as his father, uncle's and guard captain's.
"Yes, lord Lannister", Jory says, eyes downcast.
"You heard my son, you're dismissed, go, or do I have to ask my captain to throw you out?" Jaime says, his sky blue eyes burning.

Jory leaves and two of the Lannister guards shows him to the latrine workers. Jory is shown to the latrine workers where he gets to start his new assignment by changing his clothes from his silks to simple linen.
"Are my eyes cheating me or is it really little Jory Cassel I see?" One of the women working the latrines, says. "What are you doing here?"
"Perhaps he tried bedding another Stark daughter and lord Stark made him choose, latrines at Casterly Rock or losing his manhood", another of the women says.
"So tell us, wolf pup, why did lord Jaime send you here and not let you join his household guard, which was obviously what your intentions were when you came seeking the service of lord Jaime and lady Lyra?" The women say.
"Probably because he wanted to try his chances at trying to bed lady Lannister", the women speculate.
"I got caught trying to get into the bed of one of lady Lyra's sisters", Jory says, lowering his eyes in shame.
"Playing with the wolf pack is a bad idea", the women say, laughing, knowing very well how dangerous the current lady of Casterly Rock is. "What even got you the idea to try bedding lady Lannister's sister? Did that one trick you too?"
"Is it true that it was the little lord who shooed you away like a beaten dog? After the lord and the lord's guard captain had made it clear that you wouldn't be allowed anywhere near the lady of castle?" One of the women says, laughing hysterically at the fact that the lord's six year old heir shooed away a grown man like he was a stray dog.