Chapter 147 - the ice lion's daughter and the summer wolf's son

A year later, Gerion and Wylla are married and expecting their first child while Daemon and Eleyna are excitedly expecting their third child.

The two young ladies go in to labor within an hour of each other while the two brothers and fathers to be, sit in the great hall, nervously sharing ale and food.

Jaime walks in from the hallway and sees his sons, he comes up behind them and grab them in a steel grip by the scruff of their necks.
"Why aren't you two at the side of your wives while they are giving birth to your children?" Jaime asks, voice steely and biting like the crack of a whip. "I thought I taught my sons better than that...better than to sit and drink themselves out of their minds while their wives need them, go to your wives, they need you by their sides in their moment of battle."
"Battle?" Gerion asks.
"Our place for battle is any battlefield, a woman's battlefield is the birthing bed", Jaime says plainly.
"But mother's place of battle is both the birthing bed and the battlefield", Gerion says.
"Your wives are not your mother, go! Go to them, now! Go before I have Bronn drag you to their sides by your golden haired heads, don't you think I won't just because you're my sons", Jaime snaps, shooing away his sons and they both scurry away like two whipped pups.
"What in all seven hells did you do to your sons? They rushed past me like you'd put wildlife under their feet", Bronn says amused.
"Oh, I just reminded them how a son of mine should behave, threatening them with you dragging them by their hair to the sides of their wives seems to help, they know how dangerous you are, they have seen it", Jaime says.
"And they know how dangerous you are", Bronn says.
"They know I wouldn't drag them through the castle, but they know that I might ask you to do it, and they know you wouldn't hesitate to do my bidding, even though you have always been our family's protector, my children's protector", Jaime says.

Lyra walks in to the great hall and sits down in Jaime's lap.
"I heard you roaring at our sons, my lion", Lyra says lightly, wrapping her arms around Jaime's neck, snuggling up to him, pulling her fingers gently through her husband's thick golden hair, now in his age, lightly streaked with silver.
"I did, to remind them who's sons they are, to remind them that they should be at the side of their wives in their battles, like I was when you were battling in the birthing bed to give me all our children", Jaime says.
"Daemon demanded to be at his lady wife's side when she gave birth to our first two grandchildren, what has changed this time?" Lyra asks.
"Gerion changed Daemon's mind this time, Gerion wanted to drink with his brother rather than do his duty by his wife and be at her side while she is giving birth to our new grandchildren", Jaime says.
"If I didn't know better, I would suspect Gerion was your brother's son", Lyra says.
"Gerion is like his uncle in some ways, but he is also like me", Jaime says.
"He is indeed, he is like his uncle, but he is also like you", Lyra says.
"Especially when it comes to drinking, but he doesn't go to the city's whores like my dear brother used to before he married your dear cousin", Jaime says.
"At least that's something we should probably be happy about", Lyra says lightly.
"Indeed, we should certainly be happy about that", Jaime says.

A couple hours later, Gerion and Daemon return to the great hall where Lyra and Jaime are sharing a meal with Jariella, Bronn and lady Cerelle.

Before the two sons of houses Lannister and Stark, walks maester Craylen.
"A daughter was born to me this day", Daemon says. "My lady wife and I have decided to name her Cerenna."
"A son was born to me this day", Gerion says. "My lady wife and I have decided to name him Lucion."
"My lady wife asked me to ask if a betrothal between our daughter and her cousin when the children are of age, would be appropriate", Daemon says.
"Your grandparents are cousins as well as man and wife", Jaime says. "So who would I be if I said no to such an idea, I'm sure your wives would agree to it."
"I'm sure they would too", Lyra says with a smile.