Chapter 26 - the daughters of the wolf

Sansa Stark, cousin of Lyra Stark, married Lannister, wakes next to her husband Tyrion in their chambers in the Red Keep. She watches her lion husband sleep, touching him carefully.

In adjoining chambers, her sister Arya wakes next to her boy husband, Tommen, cousin to her sister's husband Tyrion and of their own cousin Lyra's strong brave beautiful husband Jaime, the golden lion of house Lannister, the heir and master of Casterly Rock.

Their maids come attending to them and inviting them to break the fast with Tyrion's and Tommen's fathers Tywin and Kevan. Sansa and Arya wash and dress with help from their handmaidens and Tyrion and Tommen wash and dress with help from their groomsmen.

When the two couples are washed and dressed they go to break the fast with lord Tywin and lord Kevan and their wives lady Joanna and lady Dorna.
"Good morning, I got word this morning that my son Lancel has married Margery Tyrell's cousin, and that her brother Loras was sent to Dorne to marry some Dornish girl", Kevan says.
"I would have preferred Loras to be sent to the wall, but I guess Dorne is far enough away from anyone for him to do any damage", Tywin says.
"Well, we can't have everything, can we, brother", Kevan says.
"True, true", Tywin says.

The two couples excuse themselves and walk out of the room together.
"How do you feel about having daughters of the dire wolf as daughters and niece by marriage?" Kevan asks.
"It was the safest plan for us all, the safest alliance for both houses", Tywin says. "The old dragon king wished my Jaime for one of the princesses, but it wasn't a safe alliance, the queen knew that and decided to make an alliance for the princess to marry one of lady Lyra's Tully cousins."
"Very good, I find it would be a safe plan for everyone", Kevan says.
"Indeed, her aunt's father, lord Hoster Tully suggested lady Catelyn's younger brother Edmure for the princess that the king wished Jaime to wed, Edmure is of an age with my Jaime and he is a good man and a good match", Tywin says. "Her grace the queen and his grace the king, agreed to that."
"Didn't lord Hoster want the older sister for your Jaime?" Kevan asks.
"He did, but Lysa Tully didn't want Jaime, she only wanted Littlefinger, and Jaime didn't want her either, he only ever wanted lady Lyra, the king and queen wanted him for the princess as well, but Jaime didn't want the princess either, the queen didn't want her daughter to marry a man who didn't want her", Tywin says. "And by that time I had already promised him to his lady Lyra."
"Well, then Lysa Tully can keep Littlefinger for herself for all I care", Kevan says.