Chapter 32 - proposals for the lion cubs

Lyra sits in the great hall when Jaime walks in with Daemon and Gerion.
"Ravens came from various houses of the seven kingdoms, proposing marriage between our sons and their daughters", Lyra says.
"Let's have a look then, to see who wants our sons for their daughters", Jaime says, turning to a servant girl. "Bring us some wine, bread, cheese and sweet meats."
"Yes, milord", the servant girl says, going to do her master's bidding.

The servant girl goes to bring food and wine for the little family. Jaime picks up one of the letters from the table and studies the seal on the letter. The sigil is a burning tree, orange on smoke.
"House Marbrand", Jaime says. "Vassals to house Lannister."
"Good alliance", Lyra says.
"They want their daughter Dariella for one of our sons", Jaime says. "They didn't specify which son they wanted."
"I see", Lyra says. "That sounds wise, not demanding a specific son."
"Indeed, they know their place", Jaime says. "My father put fear in them on the battlefield when I was a boy."
"Beware of Tywin, son of Tytos, lord of Lannisport", Lyra says and Jaime chuckles.
"Careful, wife, you may be lord Tywin's daughter by marriage, but he doesn't take kindly to mockery", Jaime says.
"He's not here", Lyra says.
"True, but he might have spies in this castle still", Jaime says.
"Jaime...do you still fear your father? You're a father yourself now, you don't have to fear your father anymore, my love", Lyra says.
"I don't fear my father", Jaime says defensively.