Chapter 88 - The king's hand

Two days later, Jaime is sitting in the great hall with Daemon having a lesson with him when Bronn, dressed in his Lannister-Stark garb, walks in.
"Lord Jaime, lord Daemon, you have a guest", Bronn says, arms on his strong back, bowing to Jaime and Daemon, all an act to show Daemon how a highborn lord such as his father and himself, should be greeted.
"Who is it, Captain?" Jaime asks.
"Your lordship's brother, lord Tyrion of house Lannister, hand of the king", Bronn says, eyes downcast in respect to Jaime and his heir.
"Let my brother in, Captain", Jaime says with a sweet smile, the mask of "lord Jaime of house Lannister, warden of the west, lord and master of Casterly Rock, the golden lion", slipping and the face of Jaime Lannister, husband of lady Lyra Stark, father of Daemon, Gerion and Jariella, friend of Bronn and older brother of Tyrion, is showing.
"Lord Tyrion of house Lannister", Bronn says, bowing and gives a polite wave to his master's younger brother.
"Welcome little brother", Jaime says, smiling as his brother walks in.
"Welcome uncle", Daemon says, following his father's example.
"Thank you, my dear lords of Lannister", Tyrion says, bowing theatrically, noticing his nephew having a lesson in progress, smiling at his brother and nephew.
"Tyrion, Daemon asked me yesterday what it takes to be hand of the king", Jaime says.
"Oh, it takes wisdom, it takes scholarship, you should speak to maester Craylen about this, Jaime, I'm sure he will be a good teacher for young Daemon", Tyrion says. "And I'm sure his lady mother would feel better having her son study here at Casterly Rock rather than in King's Landing."
"I will speak to the good maester after Daemon's lesson", Jaime says.
"Good, I'm sure the good maester has the right scholarly knowledge and material to teach the little lord everything he needs to know to possibly become hand of the king when he's a man grown", Tyrion says.
"We are planning to introduce him to the royal court in a few years, in many two or three years", Jaime says.
"A wise decision, dear brother", Tyrion says.
"I wanted to introduce him to the royal court when he turned five, but his lady mother found it better to wait until he turns eight or nine, he turns seven on his next name day", Jaime says.
"I agree with his lady mother", Tyrion says lightly.