THIS IS LOVE

The following day Oli and I were taking Ivy to the Palace of Fine Arts; the place we took her for a walk the very first time he came to visit. He laughed every time he caught me looking at him, but I couldn't help it. "You're still in shock over my hair aren't you?" he questioned in amusement. I just nodded. It wasn't only that, it was also the tattoo across his forehead, and the fact that I had agreed to go to England with him in a couple of months. "Yes, but the tattoo is blowing my mind too. I also can't believe that you're actually going to take me to the UK either!" I said. He just chuckled.
"So you're excited?" he asked. 
"You have no idea!" I squealed. "I'm going to make you take me to see Big Ben and Westminster Abbey and Buckingham Palace, and I want to go on the London Eye and visit the Tate gallery. Oh, and I want to shop at Covent Garden and Oxford Street. And Camden market!!!" I rambled. Oli just laughed at me.

--------------------------------------------------------

[OLI]

This is literally going to be the best money I have ever spent. Making her this happy and seeing her so excited feels so unbelievably good. Especially after everything she's been through. She fucking deserves a holiday.

I'm definitely going to squeeze in a quick side trip to Venice while we're there too... but that can be a surprise. 

--------------------------------------------------------

I had printed and filled out Ivy's passport application form that morning, so we headed to the post office to get Ivy's photo taken and send it all off for processing. It was the first time we both had to sign something as her parents and I guess that felt very official, but also nice. The passport was due back in around 4 weeks since Oli paid extra to get it processed faster... honestly, I think he was just eager to book the flights so I couldn't change my mind. Not that I would!

After running our errands in town, we wandered around the park and Oli carried Ivy, despite us having her pram... his black outfit and tattooed skin looking so funny against her pink, hooded onesie and sleepy face. I took a photo of Ivy, showing the way she looked so content and comfortable being carried the way he was carrying her... front down with her limbs hanging on either side of his hands that held onto her protectively. She looked so happy and safe there, and he looked so natural and comfortable, like he'd been doing it forever. They looked so happy together, it was utterly adorable. I showed Oli the photo of Ivy and he just laughed. 

"If I wasn't famous, or if you weren't worried about people knowing I'm Ivy's Dad, would you post that photo you just took?" he questioned as we walked. Of course I would, it was so adorable.
"Yeah, I would, it's cute." I replied.
"Then post it. I'm ready for the world to know, but let's make people freak out a bit first." he said with a chuckle. I laughed at him with furrowed brows. He was serious.
"Are you sure?" I asked.
"Yep. I'm ready if you are." he replied. "So long as you remember what I said about not reading the comments." he asked with a frown. I just nodded.

I knew people who had already been questioning the connection between Oli, Ivy and I were going to recognise his hand tattoos and the photo was going to confirm everything they were already speculating about, but if Oli was OK with it, I was too. I guess in a way I wanted the world to know the truth so I didn't feel the need to hide it anymore. 

We sat on a bench and I loaded the photo with Oli watching on, still holding Ivy face down as he was in the photo. I put hearts as the caption because I had no idea what to write, and I posted the first photo of Oli and Ivy together; semi-confirming what people already thought about him being her dad.

 I put hearts as the caption because I had no idea what to write, and I posted the first photo of Oli and Ivy together; semi-confirming what people already thought about him being her dad