MAKING PLANS

Hello, my name is Willow and I'm crazy about Bring Me The Horizon.

You can blame my best friend Cassidy for that... she introduced me to their music about six months ago with an album named 'That's The Spirit'. She also reminds me on the daily that Mat Nichols, the drummer of the band, is her favourite person on the entire planet. It's kind of hilarious to be honest. Personally, I'm more of a lead singer, aka Oli Sykes girl myself.

When Bring Me The Horizon announced they were touring the USA, Cassidy immediately called me to tell me that we HAD to go to see them in our hometown of San Francisco, oh and that we also had to go and see them in Los Angeles, San Diego, Las Vegas AND maybe more because one show was not enough. I laughed at her dedication, but agreed to it – it would be fun to have a girls week and road trip anyway. 

After just a few hours, Cassidy had decided on seven shows including our home show.

May 2 – San Francisco, CA (home!)May 4 – Los Angeles, CAMay 5 – San Diego, CAMay 6 - Phoenix, AZMay 8 – Las Vegas, NVMay 10 – Salt Lake City, UTMay 11 – Denver, CO

May 4 – Los Angeles, CA
May 5 – San Diego, CA
May 6 - Phoenix, AZ
May 8 – Las Vegas, NV
May 10 – Salt Lake City, UT
May 11 – Denver, CO

She had already figured out flying to LA, hiring a car to drive between each show, and flying back from Denver at the end. It was a crazy plan, but it would be a tonne of fun, so I went along with it. I forked over a few hundred dollars for the flights and some crappy motels, and we'd work out the rest later. We jumped on tickets the second they went on sale and managed to get mosh pit tickets for every show we wanted, and we planned to queue in each city for barrier.

In the days before our hometown show, we both dyed our hair – mine was pink, Cassidy's was purple. We picked out matching outfits including band shirts, fish net tights, ripped black denim shorts and combat boots. Cassidy made a sign that said 'I prefer the drummer' and I bought a packet of silly plastic red roses to take and throw onto the stage at Oli because, well, I don't really know why. Why not? Maybe it would make him notice me.

I was totally ready and stupidly excited for my first ever BMTH show.