VENICE

I cried so much. I couldn't believe he had done this, that I was actually going to go to Venice. You know how you dream about something for so long, how it can feel so far away, so impossible? Then it finally happens and it's like a flood of emotion, especially when you didn't see it coming... that's how I felt. The fact that Oli organised all of this for me, purely just because he knew it would make me happy and fulfil a dream I had, well that just made me so much more emotional. "I can't believe you're doing this..." I said as I pulled myself away from him and immediately wiped my eyes. He stuck out his bottom lip when he saw my face, how messed up it must have looked from crying. "I'm not upset, I'm just shocked." I said.
"I know. I knew you'd cry. Are you happy though? Excited?" he asked as he stroked my arm. I looked at him and nodded with a smile. He had no idea just how much.

I sat there holding his hand while I composed myself and he told me about our flight, the hotel we were staying at; how it was right on the water and had a view of a church. He explained how he'd made plans for us to go sightseeing and do fun activities, how he was excited to go on a gondola and how he wanted to take me on a date at this super beautiful restaurant. I could barely believe what I was hearing... it sounded like a dream. By time he finished sharing his plans with me I had calmed down, but I was still in shock. I wrapped my arms around him so tightly and pressed my face into his shoulder. "I don't even know what to say. I never suspected anything. I had no idea you planned this." I said.
"I know. I made sure you didn't. I like surprising you." he replied.
"I think you like making me cry." I chuckled jokingly.
"Only if they're happy tears." he said as he kissed the side of my head. I pulled away and just stared at him for a moment before kissing him. He had the biggest heart and was so thoughtful. In moments like that, I struggled to believe he was ever that person who had been so mean to me and hurt me so badly. 

I went to the bathroom to wash my face and throw the last couple of things into my bag; my phone charger, a couple of extra dummies for Ivy... and I ran out to the lounge when I heard Tom arrive. "Tom! We're going to Venice!" I squealed as I hugged him in greeting. He laughed as he hugged me back. "I see you've told her then." he said to Oli. "Did you cry?" he asked me as I let him go.
"Oh, I sobbed. Loudly." I replied. I felt comfortable enough around Tom to be silly and honest and not think I was crazy for being so emotional. 
"Well, I'm glad you're OK now." he said in amusement. "So, are you guys ready? We should get going." he said. I was beyond ready. I had never been more ready for anything. I just wanted to fast forward the next few hours and be in Italy already! I still couldn't believe I was actually going. Oli took my suitcase and put it in the car while Tom took Ivy's bag and I put her into her car capsule. She was looking up at me so I smiled at her. "Can you believe we're going to Italy my little darling?" I asked her. "Daddy is amazing isn't he?" I whispered happily. 

--------------------------------------------------------

[OLI]

Aww... my heart.

She's so excited. I can't stop smiling. I love seeing her this happy. 

This is going to be such an amazing few days.

--------------------------------------------------------

Once we reached the airport, Tom dropped his car at the valet and we checked in for our flight. Oli had gone all out and booked us first class seats again and both Tom and I told him he didn't have to do that... of course he said he wanted to, so I squeezed his hand in thanks as we headed to the British Airways lounge. He was so unnecessarily generous. As soon as we were there, I sent a photo of my boarding pass to Cassidy. I didn't even write anything, I just sent the image that clearly showed the flight path of 'Manchester to Venice' and she replied almost immediately with an onslaught of shocked-face emojis and exclamation marks. My phone came to life just a minute later, so I wandered off to speak to her as to not wake Ivy in my excitement.