ENGLAND

The 13 hour flight to England went pretty fast, but considering I slept for seven hours it wasn't really surprising. The whole bed in the sky made it so easy to relax and drift off for a while and having Oli right there with me made it even more comfortable. The food was impeccable and being in first class made the long-haul flight actually really enjoyable. I even got to take a shower on the plane. I didn't even know that was a thing! I honestly felt like royalty.

As we started to get ready for landing, I had this weird feeling in my chest but I was so excited as buildings came into view down below. "Can you see it?" Oli asked not long after as he sat in his seat across the room. Our divider wall hadn't been raised yet so I could still see him, though the beds had already been packed away. "See what?" I asked as I looked eagerly out the window. Just a moment later I saw the river, I saw Tower bridge, I saw other buildings I recognised from pictures of London. My body tingled and tears welled in my eyes as we flew toward them, lower and closer. I started crying as the realisation that I was actually in London hit me and as the steward came to put up our divider and check our seatbelts, Oli said he'd see me soon. I wished I could have been sitting with him rather than alone with Ivy, but I snapped photos as Tower Bridge came into view and tears streamed down my cheeks. I was so happy to be in London, so happy to be there with Oli.

Once we'd landed, we were escorted off the plane within just a few minutes of landing. Oli came to help me with Ivy and he smiled sympathetically at me, the tear stains down my face obviously still visible. "Aww..." he sounded.
"We're really in London." I said with a smile.
"We are." he replied, smiling just as big. We headed for immigration and customs and I welled up every time I saw a sign that said 'Welcome to Britain'... or anything even mentioning London. Oli was carrying Ivy but held my hand tightly, squeezing it whenever he noticed me getting emotional. I wasn't upset, I was happy and overwhelmed, kind of in disbelief... I just couldn't believe I was really there. Just as Oli promised, we avoided the queues and wait for our suitcases and we had transferred to the next lounge within about 20 minutes, now waiting for our connecting flight to Sheffield. I messaged both Cassidy and my Mom to let them know that we'd arrived safely and of course I uploaded photos to Instagram... I couldn't even believe those photos were really on my phone, that I'd really taken them. London looked so beautiful to me.

 London looked so beautiful to me