The Abyss Comes Back

Today...she met her.

Who? Well that's an idiotic question.

How can she describe her? Is there even a way to describe the woman she met?

...

Well...she has to try.

Now, imagine...a face so delicately crafted that even the Angels she knew as eternal beauties paled in comparison. With her slender and lithe limbs that had the perfect balance between the femininity of the fairer sex, and the strength and imposing stature of the other half.

She is humanity at perfection, and she could barely believe that she was carrying her in this great and decrepit void. This Adam and Eve carried her through the ever encroaching darkness, and each step taken made her feel safer.

She was dressed in the finest of wears, no stains or even specks of dust dared to ruin her image, lest even they fear of being annihilated in her eyes. The thin yet glorious fabrics woven as clouds and silks only wish to be one day.

She was...true perfection.

...

But why had she chosen her? Why had she taken her from God's embrace? The Holy light was a far cry warmth compared to the cold of the truth she showed her.

Oh how she longed to feel that warmth again...it was so cold in this inky Abyss.

But then she did something God never did. The woman listened...she had heard her plea for help! The warmth she wished for came in waves of pure and resplendent heat, so much so that she thought she would burn!

Then it ceased, leaving only a soothing pulse of calming heat. The Heaven's light felt so similar, but it washed over her as if a fire was roaring in front of her, as compared to a mother's love.

The fire can keep her alive and warm, but the embrace of a mother filled her spirit, and gives meaning to a lost child.

She is a lost child...is she not?
—————

Iowa left the portal she had created, carrying the seemingly asleep Mary in her arms. Where she ended up was the church just outside of Kuoh, and it was perfect for her own base of operations after the Fallen were cleared out.

Mary was still in her arms, but Iowa felt her heart beat, and it was obvious she was awake. Laying the girl on the Pew was easy, the hard part was getting the girl to calm down after being separated.

As soon as Mary felt Iowa's arms leave her, she seized up and looked panicked once more. Her clouded and obviously blind eyes darted everywhere she could "see" to find a source of comfort in the dark truth she now knows.

Mary: Wait...where did you go?! Are...are you leaving me alone?! Please don't leave me alone here!!

Iowa was stood a meter away, just watching as the girl slowly fell into a panic. It was saddening to watch, but an untrained and unprepared mind will never accept the truth easily.

Iowa: Hush Mary, I'm not far away from you dear...can you hear my voice?

The girl turned to where she heard her, but she still couldn't see her.

Mary: Where are you?! Please miss, where are you?!

Iowa: My Goodness, if I knew her mind was so fragile...I would never have given her a glimpse of the Abyss. Poor thing is going to go mad

She looked at Mary, who was staring in her direction and growing more terrified by the second. She sees the Abyss all around her, but she never wishes to glimpse into it as it's ever growing depths almost wish to swallow her whole.