Burn N.R

Natasha POV
We have a new recruit, but she never takes off her gloves. It wasn't as if it was a fingerless glove, it was a full on glove. Even when we are having dinner, she never takes off her gloves. I can't help but feel suspicious of her, it's as if she doesn't want to leave her fingerprints around.

"Secure the engine room, find the hostage." Steve ordered. It was just Steve, Y/N and I on this mission. It was a simple rescue the hostage mission. Y/N and I parachuted onto the boat and started clearing out the rooms and finding the hostage.

Your POV
The engine room was cramped, there was hardly any space to move let alone have two people walking together.

"Stop taking so much space Y/N!" I rolled my eyes and moved backwards a bit.

"I've got intel, hostages are on deck 12." Steve mentioned through the comms. We started to make our way up to meet up with Steve. I don't know if people saw us through the cameras but we met some resistance along the way. It seemed that they had concentrated their manpower around the hostage because it was their only ticket for their way out.

"Those idiots." I heard Natasha cursing.

Out of the corner of my eyes, I saw one of the soldiers fleeing. It's been a long time since I had some fun so I decided to play with him. I took out my gloves and tapped him on the shoulder. "Where do you think you're going?"

"ARGH..." He screamed in pain as I touched him with my hands. "Let me go! Let me go! It's burning!" I let go of him and he instantly went to check his wrist if it's still fine. "Why do I still feel the burn?"

"I let you doesn't mean you'll stop feeling the burn." I rolled my eyes at him.

"Make it stop! Make it stop!"

"You really want me to stop it?" He nodded his head frantically. "Okay... fine by me..." I lifted my gun and shot him in the head. "There you go."

I went back to the group and they were just finishing setting the hostages free. "Where have you been? You strayed from the plan." Natasha asked.

"I went to catch one straggler."

Natasha POV
I know she's lying, I saw what she's done, but I didn't know she had powers. I decided that when she was showering, I was going to steal her gloves.

I waited till she left the meeting room and heard her shower running before quietly turning the doorknob and scanned the room for her gloves. I found it pretty quickly because it was laying on top of her clothes. I quickly swiped it and left her room unnoticed.

Y/N came to the living room with her gloves on. "Shit, I should have known."

"Should have known what?"

"Nothing."

"Should have known I've got another glove? I know it is you Romanoff. You were staring at me the whole time when we were coming back."

"I just want to know why you are always wearing gloves."

"You've seen what I've done with my hands, I know you saw it." Y/N went to the kitchen and I followed her.

"How did you know?"

"We wouldn't be having this conversation if you didn't see it."

"How did you get your powers?"

She took a deep breath. "I caught the wrong knife."

Written on 5/10/2021
Posted on 1/1/2022

This is by far the worst I have ever written.

 I have a new book called 'Right by your side'. It's already out and the first chapter is up! 

In the world where wearing glasses makes you a different person. You were forced to swallow a pill that turned you into seven years old. Now, you're living with your crush with a small form, what would you do?

Who were the ones who brought this to you? And, can you change back?