Unfinished

Peter was on his way to the tower for his internship when he felt something off, but his senses didn't warn him of danger, so it was something else.

He found out when he got to the tower that Tony and Pepper had been and adopted two children, a fourteen year old boy and a five year old girl, apparently called Harley and Morgan. Ouch. Peter felt that hit him, he really did, he just felt alone.

Tony began to spend more time with his children, inviting Harley to join them in the lab, and over the course of a week, Peter just came up with a million excuses not to go to the tower anymore. It wasn't until about three weeks after the adoption that Tony realised Peter wasn't around them anymore. It was Steve who pointed it out.

"Tones, where's Peter?" Steve asked. This caused Tony to look at him wondering that himself.

"I don't know, he hasn't been here in a while, I'm spending time with my kids," Tony said looking pained at that. "Well, two of them since I've not seen my eldest for a while," Tony added on.

"When was the last time he was here?" Bucky asked softly, worried about his eldest nephew.

"It seems The Kid was last here three weeks and six days ago," FRIDAY spoke up.

Meanwhile Peter was sat with May. "Pete, you haven't been to the tower in weeks, what's wrong?" May asked her nephew.

"I'm giving Mr. Stark time to bond with his children. He and Pepper adopted a boy and a girl, I want them to be a family before I go back. It's only fair," Peter said. "Mr. Stark would do the same for me if I randomly got new family members," he added. He didn't talk about the fact that he wasn't wanted anymore and how they'd all be better off without him.

Peter had even given up being Spider-Man. He was focusing more on school and without the internship and extra school activities, he found himself a lot more relaxed. Is that how he is supposed to feel? He loves it. He wasn't stressed anymore, he felt calmer within himself.

May just sighed. She didn't understand the reasoning, I mean, he was practically Tony's son, so shouldn't he be bonding with his new siblings? "Alright, are you going to be alright on your own or are you going out as Spider-Man whilst I'm at work?" May said pressing s kiss to his temple softly.

"Oh, I've quit being Spider-Man, no one really wanted that vigilante around anyways. I'm taking the suit back in a little bit. Go to work, I'll see you later. I larb you," Peter said getting the same three words in return.

Peter grabbed the suit and put it into a brown bag, the same bag it came in when his ex-mentor gave it to him, and began his walk to the tower. He saw Happy outside the doors talking to some employees. As soon as the security man saw the kid he excused himself and came up to him.

"Hey, kid, long time no see, are you alright? You didn't get injured on patrol again did you?" The security guard asked softly, hugging the kid gently.

"Haha, no Happy, I'm fine, I haven't been on patrol in almost 4 weeks, it's why I'm here actually. Can you give this back to Mr. Stark?" Peter said handing over the bag before taking his lanyard out of his bag and handing it to the man too. "You can destroy this, I don't need it anymore," he added.

Happy noticed what was in the bag and felt himself get punched in the stomach, was the kid leaving like that? "I mean, I can if you wish, I guess I won't be seeing you anymore?" Happy asked gently getting a nod in confirmation from Peter.

"See you later, Hap," Peter said before turning and leaving. Happy immediately went I'm and up to the penthouse.

When Tony noticed him he sent the kids away and all adults looked at the security guard in question. "Hap, what's wrong?" Tony asked seeing the look of sadness on his face.

"The kid sent these up, wants the lanyard destroyed and has quit being Spider-Man," Happy spoke gently moving forward and dropping the bag and lanyard onto Tony's lap. The billionaire froze. The kid was giving these back? He must have really fucked up that kid if he gave up his favourite thing in the world.

"Tony?" Pepper asked softly.

"I'm fine, just lost my eldest son for good, nothing to worry about," Tony said taking the items and heading down to his laboratory, locking the doors. "What did I do?" He whispered before grabbing his phone and calling May.

"Tony? Are you alright?" May said as she answered. She was almost at work.

"What did I do to hurt him so much? He gave the lanyard and suit back," Tony asked softly.

"Oh, he said he wanted to give you time with your kids and that him being there was selfish and unprofessional. I knew he was giving the suit back but I didn't know he quit the internship too. I really don't know what's going on with him," May spoke softly.

Tony just sighed. "Should I talk to him?" He asked gently.

"You can, maybe it'll help you both understand you need each other. I have to go, alright," May spoke softly before ending the call.

With that Tony left the tower and made his way, in his car, towards the apartment before letting himself in to see Peter laid on the floor watching tv.