College

"Mr. Stark," Peter shouted as he ran into the tower. Everyone in the lobby turned to look at him as he ran through the security scanner.

"Morning Peter, Boss is in the lounge. Congratulations on your news," FRIDAY spoke causing those in the lobby to gasp. The AI didn't talk to anyone other than really important members of the avengers. And on top of that, the kid didn't even have a pass on him, the intelligence just knew him from sight. Who was this kid?

"Thanks, Hun. Please take me up to him," the boy said as he jumped into the private elevator.  FRIDAY did as requested where Peter immediately ran out.

"Mr. Stark," Peter spoke sliding across the floor until he landed in front of the man, falling to the floor and dropping the items in his hands.

Tony just looked down at him before laughing. "Hey, kid. What's got you yelling my name across my building?" Tony spoke grabbing Peter's hands and pulling him up. Peter allowed him to before hugging the man.

"Don't scream. I did enough of that already for the both of us," Peter said before bending and picking up the envelopes.

"Uhhh, Tony. Who is this kid?" Natasha spoke drawing Peter's attention to all the avengers in the living room, but Peter just shrugged. He didn't care honestly, so he looked back at the man.

"This is my son, Peter. Kid I'm guessing you know the others," Tony spoke waiting patiently to see what his son brought him. "What's the envelopes?" He asked bringing his sons attention back.

"Dad, I..." Peter spoke before passing them over and sitting down on the couch next to the man. Tony slipped the first letter out of the envelope and read it, his eyes widening at the words, the same thing happening until he read them all. He looked at Peter who nodded and passed over one more letter.

Tony took it and read it before taking in a very deep breath. Peter was waiting, he knew Tony was going to be very happy. "Pete, you got into nine colleges? You're only 15 at that. I am so proud of you," Tony spoke drawing the kid into a tight hug. It was true, he was extremely proud of his son. "Question is, where are you going?" Tony asked softly pulling back to gesture at each letter.

"MIT, duhhhh, or I could multi-college and go to Harvard as well," Peter spoke with a shrug.

"Kid, why didn't you tell me you were applying?" Tony asked looking at the boy. Peter shrugged.

"Honestly? What fifteen year old is getting into college? I might have graduation next month since I've finished school early, but it was a long shot. So, I didn't want to tell you in case I didn't get in. I've not even told aunt May yet, she'll kill me. Why are the women in my life so damn scary?" Peter asked with a pout. Tony just brought the kid into another hug.

"I am so proud of you, kid, never let anything tell you I'm not because I am," Tony whispered into the boys ear gently.

"This is great and all, but how do you know this kid?" Clint asked causing Tony to roll his eyes and pull back.

"I'll come with you to talk to May later, go set up shop, I'll meet you in the lab in a little while," Tony spoke before looking at Bruce. "Go with him," he said causing Bruce to raise an eyebrow. Peter had already left. "He's a huge fan of your gamma projects, go talk to him, you'll love him," Tony spoke causing Bruce to nod and follow the kid to Tony's workshop.

"Tony?" Clint asked bringing the man's attention back to him. "How do you know that kid?" Clint asked again.

"I've known him for years, birdbrain. He's my personal assistant and personal intern and my adopted son. He's here literally every day and apparently he's going off to college. Rhodey will be so happy when we tell him. I gotta go, don't wait up for me, we'll be busy for the next few hours. His project is a big one that happening for the company so I'll see you later," Tony spoke standing and leaving. He got to his laboratory and smiled hearing Bruce and Peter talking all kinds of science in quick intervals.

Tony leant on the door frame and smiled, seeing his best friend and his son getting along so well. "You best not be stealing my kid, Jolly Green," Tony spoke drawing both of their attentions to him where he was still stood at the doorframe. They watched the man pull out his phone and call someone. "Hey, get her now. Pete has news," Tony spoke into the phone before laughing and ending the call.

"Who'd you call, dad?" Peter asked as Tony came into the room and sat next to him on the bench chair. Tony kissed his temple softly before smiling at Bruce.

"Uncle Colonel," Tony said causing Peter's eyes to widen.

"Uncle JJ's coming home?" Peter said excitedly. Tony smiled and nodded.

"Figured you'd want to tell him about college. Besides he's missed you. What are you guys discussing?" Tony asked.

"Peter's explaining how he's basically rewritten my book and fixed the gamma problems," Bruce said gesturing to the book in front of them. The trio all worked and talked about things until about half an hour later when Rhodey interrupted them.

Rhodey came in and hugged Peter tightly before greeting his two friends. "Pete? What's the big news?" He asked sitting next to Rhodey.

"I got into nine colleges. I'm graduating next month so behind everyone's back I applied to colleges and got into nine of them," Peter spoke gesturing to the letters in front of him on the table. Rhodey's eyes widened at that. He was not expecting that news that day.

"I am so proud of you, kiddo. Did Tony scream?" Rhodey asked with a smirk.

"Wanted to but he told me not to," Tony said with a pout. That caused everyone to laugh before a conversation about science and technology went on distracting them from their topic.

Bruce liked this kid, he decided as soon as they began talking.