Filler chapter 38

Peter is Tony's godson. He is Spider-Man and Tony had worked with him as Spider-Man since day one, creating a suit for him, training him and being there for him at a seconds notice. He loved the kid. More than anything else.

So right now he was pissed. "He's not dangerous," Tony said angrily slamming his hand on the table.

"Just bring in Spider-Man," Fury said.

"How do you know he's not dangerous?" Natasha asked.

"FRI, call him in, tell him to keep the suit on," Tony said. "He's not dangerous, I'm telling you now," he said angrily.

It was less than two minutes when the window opened and Spider-Man came in. He swung straight to Tony, sitting on his lap and hugging him. "T? What's wrong?" Spider-Man spoke.

"They want to know who you are, they want you brought in and arrested even though I told them you aren't dangerous," Tony said. "Can I unmask you?" He added.

Peter pressed the spider in the middle of his suit causing the nanotechnology to remove itself so it was just him. "I didn't think arresting innocent thirteen year olds was allowed, uncle T, but here we are," Peter said getting up and holding his hands out to Fury. The avengers were shocked that Spider-Man was a kid.

"What did you want him for?" Steve asked. Peter flinched back, Tony's arms coming around him.

"Shh, kid, he won't hurt you, I wouldn't let him," Tony said softly.

That got them all looking t them. Peter just turned and buried into Tony's shoulder and cried silently. Tony picked him up onto his thighs so he was straddling him and rocked him gently as he cried.

"Why did you want my thirteen year old godson here?" Tony asked looking at Nick.

"We can't trust someone masked," Nick replied.

"He's masked because he's a kid. He's my kid and you will let him stay masked. He's willing to help out when needed and I've been training him since he was six years old. We do this my way or I'm leaving the avengers and you can all move out," Tony said looking at everyone.

Peter slowly stopped crying. "Baby girl, play my song please," Peter said and instantly Tony's voice was heard. Tony had recorded music for years on end, but this is a song he'd written called Light in the Hallway (originally by the a Capella band, Pentatonix) which was a lullaby for Peter.

"You still listen to this?" Tony asked. Peter pulled back to look at him as Tony wiped his tears softly.

"It's my favourite out of all the songs you've written for me. It's gorgeous. I love it," Peter said softly. "Can I go back patrolling after it?" He added.

"Do what you wish. Your parents are going away on Monday for two weeks, you're staying with me. Where we staying this time?" Tony said softly.

"Can we go to the safe house in Spain? We've not been there in years," Peter said softly. Tony just kissed his cheek.

"Wherever you wish. We can take it as a holiday so you don't need to take your computer for school and stuff. I'll let your dad know. Go have fun patrolling, remember my rules," Tony said. Peter stood up from Tony's lap and looked at him.

"Don't do anything you would do, don't do anything you wouldn't do, there's a small grey area and that's where I reside. Oh, and don't stress out uncle Happy. I remember," he said before reforming his suit and swinging back to the window. "Love you uncle T," he said softly.

"I love you too, kiddo. See you tonight for dinner," Tony said softly.

Peter left so Tony turned to the others who were still in shock.

"Can we leave my kid alone now? I said he wasn't dangerous," Tony said.

"Why did he flinch when I spoke?" Steve asked.

"He's scared of you, he's scared of most of you, but no one has more fearfulness from him than you," Tony said.

"I'll leave him alone, Stark. Unless he does something stupid," Fury said. Tony nodded in thanks so the man left the avengers to talk.

"Why's he scared of us?" Wanda asked.

"He's hacked into the SHIELD database and read all of your files. He's petrified of you all. Thinks your going to hurt him, especially Steve. When he shoved the shield through my arc reactor, Peter watched him do it. When I'm in my suit, he's connected through it with cameras to make sure I'm safe, I do the same to him. He's had nightmares of it ever since, it's how I got out of Siberia, since Peter tracked me with a Quinjet in minutes. I can't even mention the avengers, except Rhodey and Bruce of course, without him trembling and crying anymore and he used to love hearing my stories of what we'd done. It's weird to think it came, but I'm glad it did. Keeps him safe from you guys and your harm," Tony said,

"Boss, Karen says you're wanted to go home," FRI said.

"Karen or Pete?" Tony said.

"Pete. Apparently Molly needs you to come home. Somethings happened with Sarah and she's worried," the AI said causing Tony to instantly form his suit and leave.

"Whose Molly and Sarah?" Clint asked.

"Molly is his best friend and basically his sister, Sarah is her daughter from her past marriage. Are we needed?" Bruce asked.

It took a second as FRI relayed the message to Karen and got a reply.

"It's not urgent. Sarah's broken her leg and Molly was panicking. She's got a cast and things but with her dance, Mollys scared she won't be able to do it again. Pete says dinner will be ready in twenty if you are going. They're all alright," the AI responded. Rhodey formed his suit and piggy backed Bruce out the window and towards their house.