Filler chapter 29

"Tina, I'm sorry I couldn't get here sooner,"Benedict said rushing into Tina's bedroom. She was extremely sick, she's been poisoned, but she wouldn't tell him that. The person who'd poisoned her was his girlfriend, the girlfriend who thinks Tina is after him. She wasn't, she was a lesbian.

"I'm fine, it's been two days, it's nearly over. I can walk around now without getting dizzy," Tina said. It was true, she hadn't been poisoned to death, it was more of a deep allergic reaction to what was given to her so she'd be really sick but would live.

Benedict grabbed her hand and held it softly, kissing it gently. "Are you sure? I couldn't live if you were hurt," he said softly. They'd been friends for thirty years, they were basically brother and sister with a deep emotional connection.

"I'll be fine, Ben, I promise," Tina said. She was still going with him that weekend to America. He'd invited her to go with him whilst he filmed the newest avengers film.

—————————————————

They'd been in America for two weeks, she'd become close friends with the avengers cast and her friendship with Benedict had only deepened.

Benedict came into the lounge, his hand laced in his girlfriends causing Tina to roll her eyes, the others seeing it. They'd realised she didn't like his girlfriend, but they didn't know why. Benedict introduced her to everyone before leaving to spy on the conversation from the door, that's where Esther turned on Tina, the others watching in shock.

"You just had to survive didn't you? Guess I know that I need to poison you worse next time," Esther said causing Tina to roll her eyes.

"If you want to kill me, just shoot me or something, we're in America just go buy a gun. I'm not after him, you know," Tina said looking at the woman.

"Yes you are, you're after my boyfriend, he's mine, not yours," Esther said.

"Girl, I'd rather date you than him. Considering I'm a lesbian it kind of makes sense," Tina said annoyed. Esther froze, her eyes widening. She almost killed someone who she saw as a threat. Shit.

"She tried to poison you?" Robert asked Tina. They'd become brother and sister and he was so close to her.

"She triggered four of my allergies and I almost died. I used the epi-pens, of course, but I was still sick for two days. Ben thought I was dying, he was really worried about me. We've been friends since we were three years old. That isn't changing anytime soon," Tina said.

Benedict was listening from the doorway. He'd noticed his girlfriend acting off whenever Tina was mentioned and wanted to know why.

"You know, he always asks about our relationship, asks what we're like when he isn't around and always asks if he should even be with you. I lie to him, I never lie to him, but I always tell him how amazing you are, how perfect you two are together, knowing full well you'd rather have me dead than even in the same continent as him. He's my best friend, I want him happy, with you he is... or was," Tina added. She knew Benedict was listening. "He now knows the true you, the girl who tried to kill his best friend. He's been listening at the door for this entire conversation. Good luck," Tina said as Benedict leaned on the doorframe. Everyone turned to look at him, Esther paling as she saw he had been there.

"Did I hear that right? You tried to kill her? You realise she means more to me than even my career, right?" Benedict said as he came into tue room, walking over to Tina and standing her up before hugging her. "I'm mad at you for not telling me," he whispered into her ear. She nodded slightly, knowing that was true.

"Ben, you alright?" Sebastian asked softly. He pulled back and looked at the other man with a shrug.

"I will be," he said softly. He looked back at Esther, holding Tina's hand softly as the girl sat back down holding his hand too. "Nothing to say? I've known for a while. I've always seen how jealous you are of her, how much you've always disliked her. Never realised you'd ever attempt to kill her. You're lucky I haven't called the cops for attempted murder. Go home, it's over," Benedict said looking at Esther.

He hadn't allowed himself to fall in love with her, he'd always known that she wasn't going to last, could see how she acted around his best friend. Esther just turned and left.

Benedict let go of Tina's hand and turned to her. "Go back to the hotel, take my car. I'm mad at you too," he said holding out his car keys. She took them before standing and hugging him. He hugged her back, but he was still upset with her.

"Okay, I'll leave. But please don't go punching walls, you've not got time to heal before your next scene," Tina said pulling back to look at him. He nodded and kissed her cheek before letting her go. She walked out.

Benedict sat down on the couch with his head in his hands. Robert came over and rubbed his back softly. "Why'd you send her to the hotel?" Robert asked him.

"This is the first thing she's ever kept from me. I've always known what she was thinking, what was going on. I questioned her on it hundreds of times just for her to lie to my face. I don't want to hurt her, so I sent her back. It was that or I'd have hurt her, I don't want to do that," Benedict said, his voice muffled by his hands slightly.

"What did she mean by punching walls?" Anthony asked causing Benedict to hold his hands up. He made fists so the white marks of the past stitches were shown.

"If my emotions get too haywire, I end up punching things. I usually don't let it get that far, but every so often it gets really bad. I've punched many walls and metal poles and well, my hands are fucked from it. I wasn't going to, I can't be bothered with reopening the stitches again, it's too much work," he said with a shrug.

—————————————————

He went back to the hotel room and found her with bags full of their favourite snacks, hot meals from the hotel and their current tv show on the screen. They were watching Bones together, they were on season four already and they had only been watching for two weeks.

"I'm sorry," she said as he came in. He just came over and hugged her.

"Just don't lie to me again, I couldn't take it. You're the most important thing in my life, I couldn't lose that. Please don't keep anything like that from me again," he said, putting all his weight on her so they fell back onto the beds, so they were laid together.

"I won't. I didn't want to in the first place, I just wanted you to be happy," she said. "Get changed, I got your favourites and got Kevin to give you the weekend off," Tina said.

He got off of her and began to take his shirt off as he walked to the closet his clothes were in. He grabbed a pair of pyjama bottoms and slipping his jeans off and putting them on before grabbing the trolley of hot food and bringing it to the bed before crawling on next to his best friend, passing her her food and grabbing his own.

They began to watch their show with light commentary and began to forget about their day. Tina's phone rang about a half hour later so he paused the show as she answered it.

"Hey, Rob," she said. "No, we're just watching TV, come over if you want," she said looking at Benedict who nodded. "I bought snacks and drinks," she added. The phone call ended after that as a knock was on their door. Benedict answered it and went back to his seat beside her.

Robert sat on the other bed and looked at them. He was four episodes ahead of them in Bones. "How are you two?" He asked them. Benedict looked at her and kissed her cheek.

"We're alright now, don't worry. Want to watch with us?" Tina said softly. Robert looked at them both directly in the eyes before nodding slowly and getting himself comfy enough to watch the show. He grabbed some chocolate buttons and opened them before Tina played the show. He made comments and jokes with the duo but they mostly kept quiet.