Filler chapter 3

Peter slipped into sleep in the lab causing Tony to smile at him. The man picked the kid up and carried him through a door to Tony's bedroom, too lazy to carry him upstairs to the penthouse. Peter would be the second person to ever go in this room, the first being himself of course.

He gently laid the boy on his bed, smiling at the oversized pyjamas the kid was wearing, one's that belonged to him. He pulled the covers over the kid before stripping and slipping on a pair of pyjama bottoms before sliding into the bed next to the boy. Peter rolled over and buried his face into Tony's chest as the man's arms came around him. There Tony fell asleep, hugging his son to his chest.

The next morning, Peter woke up first but didn't attempt to move away, he just began drawing shapes with his finger on Tony's chest softly. Tony woke up from the soft and gentle movements. "Hey kiddo," Tony whispered as Peter gently traced the arc reactor. Tony leaned over and grabbed his box of cards before opening them on his chest. Peter sat up next to him, just watching. "Right, I can't be bothered to get up. I need you to twist the reactor out, switch the old card then put it back, you have 20 seconds. But I trust you, kiddo," Tony spoke laying flat and letting Peter do his work. Peter looked Tony in the eyes before nodding and doing as told?

Peter switched the cards and put it back in less than three seconds using his spider sense to speed up. Peter laid back down as Tony moved the spare cards and the old on onto his bedside table. Tony pushed him so he was laid on his back before resting his head on the younger boys chest, arm around his waist. Peter gently ran his fingers through the man's hair causing Tony to relax.

"Thanks kiddo," Tony spoke softly. Truthfully he didn't really need the cards anymore, but he enjoyed having the challenge to change them. He liked the speed of doing so.

"You're welcome," Peter spoke and the duo sat there for another hour before deciding to get dressed. Peter pulled on an oversized sweater, belonging to Tony's 'I'm lazy and sick' pile of clothes, and some of his own high waisted short shorts. Tony just threw on some sweatpants and a muscle shirt - upon Peter's insistence.

"Boss, Capsicle is requesting you and the others for lunch," FRI spoke softly.

Peter and Tony made their way upstairs, Tony's arm over Peter's shoulder as they talked about their current project. They made their way into the dining room and sat in their seats as their conversation ended. "Guys?" Natasha spoke bringing their attention to the others.

"Yeah, Miss Nat?" Peter asked softly bringing his attention away from Tony.

"You didn't come up for dinner last night, or breakfast this morning. Are you alright?" Natasha asked.

"Oh, I fell asleep pretty early, like 4:30 last night, and well, Mr. Stark ended up sleeping to," Peter began.

"I have my bedroom attached to the lab and couldn't be bothered to bring him to his own room. We woke up around two hours ago, he changed my card and we just sat talking for a while about project ideas before dressing just before we were called up," Tony continued for the kid. Natasha nodded in acceptance at that.

Peter got the food he wanted before the others got a chance because of his metabolism and the family all chatted as they ate. Peter rest his head on Tony's shoulder as they did so, the man refraining from moving that shoulder so as to not accidentally hurt the kid. After the meal, Peter and Tony stood to leave, tony grabbing Bruce by the back of his top and leading him out too as they all descended down the lift to the laboratory floor.

They all began working, Tony and Bruce together and Peter on his project for school. Eventually after about an hour of quiet chatter between Bruce and Tony, Peter decided he wanted a hug, so he silently got up and wrapped his arms around Tony who just laughed and hugged back. "You alright kiddie?" Tony asked softly. Peter just nodded as he pulled back.

"Yeah I'm good, just bored," Peter spoke as he sat next to the men to look at their work. "What are you building?" He asked softly.

That got both men to begin a conversation on what they were trying to do, letting Peter help without a hint of complaint. The boy was a genius with an IQ higher than both men has.