I'm not my father

"You think I'm like my father?" Tony asked genuinely hurt at that. Was he like his father?

"You keep Peter in the lab all the time working on projects, you work more than spend time with us, touts family," Clint spoke angrily. Tony just planted an obviously fake smile on his face before calling the avengers.

"Pete, come here and put your shoes on," Tony shouted from the bottom of the stairs. Peter did as his dad asked, he may only be seven years old but he knew more than anyone else.

"Where are we going daddy?" Peter asked his dad as Tony picked him up onto his hip.

"Can you remember me telling you about my mansion, the big house my father owned?" Tony asked his boy as he lead the way to the elevator, the rest following in silence.

"Yeah, you said it was a dark house and told me some stories. Are we going there?" Peter asked softly, looking at his dad like he held all the answers in the world, which he did.

"Yeah, baby. That's right. I've spent time from being younger than you there. I've not been back since I finished college. So, I'm taking everyone there as a field trip. Remember what I told you when we went to the museum last week?" Tony spoke to his son as they all got into the heli-carrier.

"Don't touch anything as it's dangerous. I'll be careful daddy," Peter spoke as they left. It took thirty two minutes to get to the mansion and he parked hazardously in the back yard.

They all got out and Steve couldn't help but gasp as he saw the black house. "Why are we here?" Steve asked Tony.

"Well, I'm sick of people thinking I grew up in luxury and that I'm like my father. So, I'm proving that I'm not. After my father died, I came here and uploaded my memories in each room. This is basically a walk through of my life. It starts from my bedroom, if you could call it that," Tony spoke before pressing his palm on the door allowing it to open.

Tony lead the way upstairs before speaking up. "Mel, unlock all doors please. Code August," he spoke.

"Yes, Boss. Welcome back. I know it's not good for you to be here, I hope you get the chance to feel better after this experience," Melody spoke up as the doors opened. Tony walked to a room at the end of the corridor. Everyone else was looking around at the obviously dark house. Tony grew up here?

"Are you coming or what?" Tony spoke as the others rushed to go to him. "Right, first of all this is the room my mother died in my arms in when I was six years old. That was the last time I was allowed to sleep in a bed until college," Tony spoke softly before going in. He picked up a teddy from the bed before showing them all. "This was my grandmothers, it was passed through to me. Father took it from me the minute after mother died. She had cancer, he blamed me. I was beaten for the first time that day," Tony spoke before gesturing to the hologram projection showing his memories of that day.

Peter had seen all of this. He understood it. He didn't know why people thought his daddy was like Howard.

After the projection ended Tony lead the way to the next room. "This was my bedroom until the day my mother died, still in the same way it was the day I left it. Ignored the smell of my blood," he spoke coming in. He bent down to a toy box and, still holding his son in his arms, pulled out a smashed robot.

"Tony, what's that?" Natasha asked softly.

"I made this two days after mother died. It was a robot to be used to diagnose illnesses in minutes instead of months. I went to show father, he yelled at me for wasting his time and disrespecting the world with my presence and he smashed it. Since I quit the weaponry business I have sent millions of upgraded versions to hospitals all around the world to give back for killing people when I'm Iron Man," Tony spoke before the projection restarted.