Scarlett and Chris

"Do you remember when we met?" Scarlett asked Chris softly. She had met up with the original six embers of the Avengers, well six including herself.

"Hmm, of course," Chris said, stopping all conversations from the others as they listened. Chris and Scarlett had been friends since 2002 so for her to ask seemed off. She had been seeming off the entire time she's been with them. It was worrying them all.

The door to the restaurant opened and Scarlett froze slightly. Her boyfriend had arrived. He came over and kissed her cheek. "I'll fetch myself a drink, I'll be back in a minute," he said before walking off.

The others were all just watching Scarlett, even more worried then. As her boyfriend came back Scarlett began speaking.

"One, two, three, one, two, three, three," Scarlett said causing Chris' eyes to widen. He glanced behind her as the others tried to figure out what she was talking about. He looked back at her and she nodded slightly.

"I'd like to ask you to leave," Chris said as Marcus came back, pressing a button on his phone. He leaned back in his chair and looked up at the man, the others all trying to figure out the scene.

"What? Why? What have you told them?" He said squeezing Scarlett's shoulder.

He was moved backwards by Pierre, Chris' body guard who'd been in the bathroom. "The police are on their way, leave now," he said. Marcus scowled but left. Pierre looked back at his boss who just nodded.

"Thanks, P, you can go back to your table now," Chris said before getting up and kneeling next to Scarlett.

"You remembered," she said softly, tilting her head down to look at him.

"Scar, I made the safe word, of course I remembered. What has he done to you?" Chris asked softly, grabbing her hand as the others finally found their voices.

"Scar, C?" Robert said softly.

Scarlett turned to look at the others before looking back to Chris. "Remember Carl?" She asked softly.

"Again?" Chris said, wide eyed.

"He was worse than Carl," Scarlett said. "Thank you," she added again. Chris just stood, kissed her cheek before going back to his seat.

"Of course you're welcome, as always. I'm always here for you," Chris said softly before the waiters bought their food over. "No matter what. Thank you for remembering something we've not had to use in four years," Chris added gently.

"You're the one with the memory problems, old man," Scarlett said with a smirk.

"Oh ha ha," Chris said rolling his eyes before holding a fork full of chicken from his plate towards her, letting her eat it.

"What's was that?" Mark asked softly.

"He's been abusing me for a while. One, two, three, one, two, three, three. That's what we created when we met as safe words, if those were spoken to the other, then we needed instantly help. C used it last, he and a panic attack in front of a bunch of fans and whispered it at me so I got him away, it was in the premier of Ultron when we got away early. I've not used it in a while," Scarlett explained, looking at Chris who nodded for permission to tell them.

"We wanted an easy way out, we got really close those years ago, it's easy when we text to just send the numbers to each other to know we're in trouble," Chris said softly.