Artist

No one would ever guess that Bucky loved to draw. It was a well known fact around the avengers that Steve loved to draw, anything and everything he could. But, Bucky also found love in art. He'd spend hours on it, in the comfort of his own room, locked away from the world.

Even Steve didn't know he was into art. He just hadn't told anyone.

That's where he was at the moment, sat at his desk, sketchbook in front of him as he drew to his hearts content. He heard two other heartbeats and two lots of footsteps coming towards his room, but didn't bother to stop.

A knock on the door indicated someone was there. "Buck, can we come in?" Steve asked through the door.

"Uh, sure," Bucky said as he continued to draw.

"Hey, what're you doing?" Steve asked his best friend, coming over with Sam to see what his friend was doing.

Bucky leaned over and grabbed a pencil blender and began smoothing out a couple of his marks as his friend got to him.

"Holy shit!" Sam said as he saw what Bucky had done.

"What?" Bucky asked as he finished blending for a minute and switched back to his pencils

"What?" Bucky asked as he finished blending for a minute and switched back to his pencils. He glanced at Steve before looking back at his artwork and adding just a little more depth to the eyebrow before finishing. He signed his initials at the bottom before grabbing a sheet of tracing paper and placing it on top of the work and closing his sketchbook. "What do you need, Stevie?" Bucky asked softly.

Steve just grabbed the sketchbook and opened to a random page. He took the tracing paper off and him and Sam looked at the art in wonder.

"Jesus," Steve said as he looked from the art to Bucky, and then back to the art once more

"What? I like that one," Bucky said as he placed the tracing paper back and put his sketchbook back on his bookshelf.

"It's amazing, I never said it wasn't. Since when did you take up art like that?" Steve asked, sitting on his best friends bed. Sam took the desk chair so Bucky just sat next to Steve.

"Uhhh... 1935 I think. Somewhere around there, anyways," Bucky said.

"How have I never known this?" Steve asked wide eyed.

"I dunno. I used as much money as I could to supply your art needs. When you were sick, I'd borrow some papers and your pencils when you were unconscious and just draw until my hands bled, then used the papers to keep the fire going," Bucky said softly, lifting his flesh hand to show the destroyed skin on his little finger.

"How did I never notice?" Steve said, grabbing Bucky's hand and running his fingers over the destroyed skin. Bucky just shrugged.

"I never wanted you to. You just assumed it was old newspapers I'd found, it was my art work. I'd rather keep the fire going and keep you alive, than keep some drawings I could just redo," Bucky had said softly.

"Holy Christ," Steve said softly. Bucky just nodded.

"Why're you here, anyways?" Bucky asked either of them.

"Wanted to know if you were coming running with us," Sam replied. Bucky just shrugged again.

"I have nothing else to do," he said.

"Cool, I'll go get changed and meet you both down there," Sam said before leaving the room.

After the door had closed, Steve pulled Bucky into a hug that originally had Bucky freezing in his seat, but ended up relaxing into it.

"What's up, punk?" Bucky asked softly as he held the younger man back.

"Nothing, really. I just never realised how much you sacrificed for me and then. I've always been thankful for you, you know. You're always my best friend," Steve said softly.

"Of course I know how thankful you were. When you were delirious and super ill, you used to tell me all the time, you never needed to. I've always known that you're thankful for me. I didn't sacrifice anything, I wanted you safe, happy and alive, Steve. That still hasn't changed," Bucky told Steve, gently running a hand up and down the man's back.

"I'm so glad I got you back, I was devastated when you fell from the train," Steve said, wrapping his arms tighter around Bucky who jus smiled.

He kissed the top of Steve's head before pulling back. "I know you were, I could feel it. But I'm here now, and not a minute more is going to be wasted. I don't know what I'd do if we hadn't found each other again," Bucky said softly. "Now, stop this bull shit, let's go run with your bird friend," Bucky said with a smirk.