Heir

Peter sat on the middle of the stairs watching everyone partying and laughing in the living room of Avengers Tower. He had tears rolling down his face. No one even noticed.

Peter had stopped Toomes from taking his dads weapons and plane but had gotten hurt, badly, in doing so. So badly, that his leg was broken in four places, he had two broken ribs and was just upset. There was a party going on that his family was throwing, that he wasn't invited to, in honour of Peter doing what he did.

They didn't want him there, and that hurt more than his broken bones. Ever since Tony, his dad, adopted a boy he knew called Harley, he had been abandoned. Everyone loved Harley, his seventeen year old charismatic self and adored him. Peter, was shy, he was humble, Harley was not. He just couldn't do it. Harley just drew everyone in, helping his family to forget all about Peter.

"Boss, I should inform you that Peter is crying in pain on the stairs, he has six broken bones," FRIDAY spoke cutting off the music. Tony stopped what he was doing, talking with Harley and Bruce, at those words. He got up and walked towards his youngest son.

"What bones?" Tony asked as he came over.

"Two in his thigh bone, two in his ankle and two broken ribs," FRIDAY said as Tony got in front of his son. He frowned at Peter, hurt that his son was in pain and hadn't said anything.

The androids words got Bruce coming over and checking on him. He carried Peter to the couch and set his leg before casting it and bandaging the ribs too. Peter didn't say a word. Bruce grabbed the crutches from Clint, who'd ran to the infirmary to grab them, and set them to Peter's height, remembering it from the last time three months before when he'd sprained his ankle. Peter stood slowly and used the crutches to go to the elevator and left, Tony following him down to Peter's lab.

Peter had been spending a lot of time in here, since Harley was adopted, whereas before they never used Peter's lab, Peter was always with his dad in his lab, he had a set up in there and everything, but since Harley came, he'd taken it over so Peter just went to his own lab. Harley didn't have his own lab, one thing he couldn't change. Tony didn't have any other rooms to change for a lab.

Peter limped towards the back of the room and pulled out a machine. He placed it on the desk and Tony came over and watched him work. Peter went through and quickly worked, a pill being created quickly which Peter instantly took and swallowed causing Tony to gasp.

"Peter, what was that?" He asked as Peter took off the bandages and the cast off before smiling to himself.

"FRIDAY? Peter asked.

"The bones are fixed, you're project works," she responded. "Well done," she added softly.

"Finally, I can get them out to hospitals now," Peter spoke softly.

"Kid? What was that?" Tony asked, still a little shocked his son took a tablet.

"I've been working on this machine, still unnamed, that creates medication to instantly cure broken bones and fractures and stuff. I just couldn't get down here without the crutches," Peter spoke as he made notes on hologram on the machine. Tony watched his son move quickly, he'd missed it, he realised. He missed his son more than anything.

Tony stopped him from working by drawing his son into a hug, Peter freezing at the action. "What are you doing?" Peter asked, not moving as he didn't want to hurt his dad in anyway.

"I'm hugging my son because I love and miss him," Tony spoke causing Peter to relax from his tensed position and turn to hug him back gently.

"I love you too," Peter spoke before pulling back. "But I really do have to work. I have a lot of work to do," Peter said gesturing to the desk, but Tony didn't let go. Tony just lifted his son and took him to the lounge room attached to the lab, Peter just letting himself be taken.