Tony Returns

AN// I keep seeing a TikTok where Peter walks into his apartment in NWH and Tony's just there in the chair holding a finger to his mouth as if you say 'Shh'. So, now I HAVE to write a story on it.

—————————

Peter had been to work for the morning, online classes at MIT for the afternoon, his second job during the evening and was currently walking home.

Before Peter had died, Tony had set up a trust fund for Peter, starting it off with a million dollars and over the six years, interest has boomed. Plus, Tony kept adding thousands into it whenever he felt like it, up until, of course, Tony had died.

Peter, however, did not know of this. Additionally, Tony had left a further five million dollars in his will to Peter, which again, no one told him about.

"EDITH?" Peter asked the glasses on his face. Ever since what happened with Beck and the revealing of his identity - causing him to ask Dr. Strange to spell the entire world to forget about him - he'd not taken the glasses off.

"Hello, Peter," she replied.

"No one remembers me yet, do they?" Peter asked as he unlocked the door to his studio apartment.

"No, the spell is still working. Don't worry, Peter," EDITH replied softly as Peter flicked on the light switch, stopping short when he saw Tony sat on a chair in his room.

"Yeah, nope. Not doing this today," Peter said turning towards the kitchen and grabbing n energy drink from the fridge.

"Kid, you probably shouldn't drink that with your metabolism," Tony said tilting his head as he watched his kid. "Nice choice of apartment. What, I die and leave you millions and you live in uh, one room?" He added. "Hello, EDITH," Tony finished with.

"Hello, Boss," EDITH replied softly. Peter downed the drink before crushing the can and trashing it into the trash can.

"First of, I guess you're alive somehow? Not gonna ask, too tired. Secondly, I basically live off of those now since I'm still too young to drink. Thirdly, I got EDITH but that's about it from you after you died. Fourthly, if you're alive why aren't you at your home with your wife and daughter, cute kid, by the way?" Peter said finally looking towards Tony as he moved around to his bed and pulled out a laptop from under the pillow.

Peter began typing quickly as he waited on replies from his dead mentor.

"What are you doing?" Tony asked sliding Peter's desk chair closer to the bed.

"Homework, lots of homework for MIT," Peter said as he used his super speed (that was a hidden talent and one he developed just a few weeks prior to this, enticing his theory that his powers would develop and get stronger as he grew up) to type quicker.

"MIT, huh?" Tony said teasingly.

"Of course, where else would I go? Besides. I only do online classes on top,of my two jobs anyways," Peter said gently as he finished his assignment. He saved it, turned off the computer before turning back to Tony and waiting on replies to his answers.

"Someone said that the world was in peril and brought me back to life. I'm still trying to wrap my head around it. I guess energy drinks are better than alcohol, don't want you going dow that route. EDITH, what exactly did I leave Peter in my will?" Tony began, gently taking the glasses off of Peter and watching as his question was answered in a projection.

"You left him five million dollars, me, plus his trust fund of fifteen million dollars. Plus you left Stark Industries to him as well," EDITH said softly.

"You what?" Peter said wide eyed.

"Hmm, I don't know why you weren't told that," Tony said softly. "I came back because you need my help. I can go and see them anytime, it's you I'm back for. I brought the avengers to the final battle because seeing your picture made me create time travel because I missed you like crazy. I'm here for you, Pete, no one else," Tony said softly.