Busy

"Babe? I made you a..." Tony begun but Stephen cut him off.

"I'm busy with Steve right now," Stephen spoke before turning back to Steve and that hurt just a little bit.

Tony looked down at the coffee in his hands before placing the cup back into the kitchen. He went down to his laboratory and sat with Peter as they worked on a project together.

—————————————————————

"Babe?" Tony whispered. He just needed a hug.

"I'm busy, Tony," Stephen spoke as he read a book in the lounge. Natasha saw the look of hurt on Tony's face but when Tony just shrugged and walked off she ignored it. But she wasn't happy about it, she knew how sensitive Tony really was, she knew he needed attention.

——————————————————————

"Tony's in the hospital," Bruce spoke causing everyone to roll their eyes.

"I'm busy, I'll see him later," Stephen spoke reading through another book.

"Yeah, just leave him he'll be fine," Steve spoke leaning over to look at Stephen's book.

"Okay, then, I won't tell you that he's on the brink of death, because apart from Nat, who brought him in, none of you care," Bruce said turning to walk out.

"He's so annoying," Clint spoke rolling his eyes.

"I know, he won't leave me alone," Stephen spoke in response.

—————————————————————

Tony walked into the kitchen to see his teammates all sat together eating and laughing. He rolled his eyes, they didn't want him around. Tony went into the fridge and grabbed two bottles of water. He placed one on the table in front of Peter stopping all conversation.

"Thanks dad. Are you hungry?" Peter asked softly.

"Not really, I was forced to eat in the hospital, something about being severely underweight. I'm fine. Make sure you eat enough," Tony spoke before kissing the top of his sons head and leaving.

"Did you know he was underweight?" Clint asked looking at Stephen.

"How would I know?" The doctor asked.

"Have you not been sleeping in the same bed as him?" Bucky asked with wide eyes.

"No, he doesn't go to bed and when he does I, usually at the sanctum. We haven't slept in the same bed in around six months," Stephen spoke softly.

"When was the last time you hung out with him?" Nat asked. "And not for a mission," she added.

"Dunno. I'm busy," Stephen spoke.

"It was five months ago," FRIDAY spoke up. "Boss has tried to but you always say you're too busy so he's stopped asking," she added.

"That's because I'm busy. He'll get over himself," Stephen spoke from his seat next to Steve.

"I don't know why you're all so mean to him. He nearly died in the hospital from lack of caring for himself. Still you don't care, I don't know why I ever looked up to you," Peter said before leaving, taking his water with him.

Stephen just rolled his eyes. Tony would get over himself.

——————————————————————

A week later, Stephen walked up and sat on the couch next to Tony as the man read. The rest of the avengers were scattered on the various couches. He'd forgotten what FRIDAY had said about how long it's been since he's spent time with Tony.

"T? Do you wanna go out?" Stephen asked.

"You can see I'm busy," Tony spoke.

"But, I wanna go out with you," Stephen spoke. "Just stop working for an hour, it's all I'm asking," Stephen added taking the StarkPad from his boyfriend.

"So when you're busy I have to leave you alone but when I'm busy you take my work? That's not fair. I don't want to go out with you. I need to work on my project for Fury, so just leave me alone," Tony said taking the StarkPad back.

"What do you mean?" Clint asked looking at them.

"Well, anytime I've tried to speak to him in the past six months he's refused with the words 'I'm busy' but is usually just talking or reading. But when I'm genuinely busy I'm not allowed to be. He didn't care when I tried to kill my self last month, he didn't care when I almost starved myself to death, none of you, except Nat and Bruce did. Well, Peter cared but that's cos I'm his dad, it's in the contract. Stephen would rather spend time with Steve snuggling up and cuddling and kissing all the time, yes I've seen it, and I'd rather just be working. So, no, Stephen I will not go out with you," Tony said as he continued reading and typing on his StarkPad. When no one said anything he looked up at them. "What?" He added in confusion.

"He's been cheating on you?" Bucky asked with wide eyes.

"Yeah, for over a year. Surprised you hadn't noticed, he's your best friend. I think it's been fifteen months now, I was just waiting to say something," Tony spoke with a shrug. "Honestly, I don't even care, I've come to terms with it. I find it funny when I leave a room and they like jump apart from each other and seem so awkward. As if my AI hadn't told me the day they first slept together. And every time afterwards," Tony added.

"You knew?" Stephen whispered looking shocked.

"Yeah, I know that the ring on Steve's necklace was given to him by you. It's not really hard to notice. My first identity is literally 'genius'. If I didn't know I'd be pretty stupid," Tony spoke with a raised eyebrow. "I'm happy for you guys, anything you need for your wedding just ask," Tony spoke gently.

"Tones?" Rhodey asked.

"I'm alright. I've had time to come to terms with it. Don't worry, I'm alright. I just wish they'd had the decency to talk to me about it," Tony spoke before looking back at his work. "Baby girl send this to Nick, tell him it's done and the next mission has been planned out," he spoke to his AI softly.

"Sent, boss," FRIDAY replied. Tony just nodded.

No one was talking. They all looked awkward. "So... I'm gonna assume you know that we're broken up now," Tony spoke. Rhodey stood and pulled Tony out of the room and they both just went to the bedroom floors and just pretended they were back in college, just sat talking for hours on end.

"I can't believe you cheated on him for so long without just telling him," Wanda spoke pulling them all out of shock.

"I didn't think he'd find out like that. I was going to tell him when I took him out," Stephen spoke with his eyes wide.

"Boss wants to inform you that having sex with Steve in boss' bed fifteen months ago is the way he found out. He said he's very happy for you and requested you to just leave it alone, he's fine," FRIDAY spoke.

So they did, they all ignored it. But Tony wasn't fine, he was snuggled up talking to Rhodey whilst crying.